Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
River Rambler
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are we gonna have the first tourney? I had a great time last year and want to do this again. It's a great way to meet some of your fellow OGF guys. Also a great, casual, fun day on the water. My canoe and I are ready, are you?
P.S. 2nd place will not do this year!

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
We were going to do it next saturday, but not enough interest when we posted last month. I am game whenever, except the first weekend in may. Maybe we will post again and check interest. Those interested can reply to this post and we will see what happens.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I AM DEFINATELY IN!!
Young whiskers and I really want to fish in this.... If anyone else wants too speak up!!!!

·
Micropterus salmoides
56 Posts
I'm in for a tournament :D

I'll need to find a partner with a canoe though...

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey anyone know if there are sauger/saugeye that are in the lmr by newtown or anywhere along that region....hitting that area up tomorrow morning. water was looking real good and a guy down there said the smallies were bittin real good....any help let me know please

·
Registered
675 Posts
First off....yes there are a fair number of saugeye in the river around there... and secondly...LETS GET THIS TOURNY GOING....
Young whiskers and I
LMR smallmouth and partner
Carpman
gone fishing
Red the fisherman.. and partner

thats a perfect number if people can find partners....at least 4 teams.....

LMR what do you think for a date and location...(i know where u want to fish...haha)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
i've been wondering, anyone up for setting up some kind of multispecies tourny on the lmr, i think that could get pretty intresting
tmw, theres alot of smallish sauger/eyes in that area, the better smallmouth water is way upstream, i fish your area pretty often pm when your going if im can ill show you some of the spots in that area

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
OK...If we got the interest now, I say we go ahead and setup this LMR Smallmouth tournament. Lets do Saturday May 19th, 2 man teams, 3 fish limit. $40 per team with $5 per person big fish pool. Smallmouth, Largemouth, and Spotted Bass can be weighed in. I dont like a bunch of rules so we will keep it simple. This is more of a FUN trip with alittle wager to make it interesting, worked out great for those of us who fished it last year.

Rules:
2 men per canoe.
3 fish limit, must have an Areated Cooler or the like, NO STRINGERS.
Fish must be alive at weigh-in, no DEAD fish will be weighed.
NO live bait, artificial only
No more than 3 fish in cooler at 1 time
This is a river so we are lenient on making it to the weigh-in on time, please TRY not to be late. We will do 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM ish
Lets do Ft. Ancient (parking lot next to Morgans Canoe rental) to Morrow which is 5+ miles roughly. We will weigh-in at the public park access just after the little miami canoe rental. This is where Todds Fork Dumps into the Little Miami River. It is on River left.

If we have 4 teams or less, we will pay winner takes all.
If we have 5 teams we will pay 2nd place gets their money back.
If we have 6-7 teams, we will pay 3rd place money back, 1st place gets 75%, 2nd place gets 25%.

No more than 7 teams as it will be crowded on this fairly short stretch. I CANNOT be in charge of teaming everyone up. You must find your own partners, PM eachother before you sign up. I will start another thread JUST FOR SIGNUP only. Please only sign up on that thread, we can talk on this one to discuss issues or concerns.

I know more people have responded already, but here are the teams I have that are already established:

LmrSmallmouth and Partner (my friend Larry)
1badmthrfisher and Young Wiskers
Rblake and CCriley
Red the Fisherman and his Partner.

That makes 4 Definates right there, I know some of you (Carpman, gonefishin09, Sleprock, etc...) are also interested so please team up and let me know your teams on the other thread.

I would do it earlier in May but I am going on a guided trip to NEW RIVER VA first weekend in MAY...cant wait to slay the HOG smallies.
By the way, I went out to LMR today with Lonzo and the river looked GREAT but was alittle clearer than I prefer, fishing was kinda tough, I caught 4 smallies and 1 Bullhead Catfish, all fish came in 2 holes so they seem bunched up in slower pools (this will change soon, but thought I would let you know if you are going out soon). Nothing over 14" today, but feisty fish!

Good luck fellas and I will see you on May 19th if you are fishing with us.

BTW...we just use a digital scale at the weigh-in, nothing professional here, we are just out to have a good time. It is fair, we all use the same scale. You can use a trolling motor on your canoe if you wish, I did last year and it was a big help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts