close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR question

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by space30cowboys, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I am new to the board and was looking for any advice on fishing the LMR. A friend and I are headed up to the lmr around the bike trail in loveland tonight. Any suggestions on bait or if that is even a good spot along the river. I know with the lack of rain parts may be pretty shallow. Are there any areas close to there where we might be able to catch something. Not really targeting anything imparticular and always go by the catch and release policy. Thanks for any advice!

Mike

2. don't you a game to be at or something? how did you guys do?

Sean

3. haha...what's up buddy?

Just got back. It was a gorgeous night out on the river. Fished some rapids near the loveland bike trail. Caught what I believe was a hybrid or white bass and also a small drum. The guy I was with caught some sort of trout I believe. (As you can tell this was the first time I've ever river fished) I took some pics so I'll try to post those shortly. My two were caught on a 1/8 oz red rooster tail.

Can anyone tell me what those fish are? I'm trying to learn for when I go back. Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. that's cool, catching fish first time out is always a bonus...I am taking my oldest out tomorrow morning...it is our birthday tradition..(we have the same birthday!) We are hitting the EF of the LMR so I will let you know how that goes...lots of structure and cover...

5. i can assure you it wasnt a trout...... but congrats on the night!

6. I had no idea what it was, it did have teeth though. It is in the 2nd and 3rd picture.

7. thanks for the info