Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Bought a Buzzbait yesterday and woke up early to fish the LMR for 90 min before work!

Caught only 3 little smallies on the Buzzbait (my first on a surface bait:D), but it's really fun to use them!

Now my question:
Was fishing the tail end of a pool and saw fish bursting the surface and swirls all over the place! So I thought: Oh boy, feeding frenzy!!!

But it was not! One time I saw a light red tail breaking the surface, so I think all the swirls were not bass! Never saw any shads jumping!

Any of you know what it was?? Carp, gar...?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I think I know where you were and gar carp and buffalo bust there in the morning all the time. I have thought I was going to get into monsters many times, but the topwater bite has always sucked there. House and I were there a week or so ago and it looked like grenades were going off on the surface, but we never even got a hit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Garrett,

thanks for the answer!

I guessed it won't be Bass:mad:

But I caught my last 17 incher and the 3 dinks this morning at this spot, so I think there are Bass hanging around!

I'll give it a shot again this evening!

Maybe you want to join me??

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hi Garrett,

thanks for the answer!

I guessed it won't be Bass:mad:

But I caught my last 17 incher and the 3 dinks this morning at this spot, so I think there are Bass hanging around!

I'll give it a shot again this evening!

Maybe you want to join me??
I wish I could man. Wife is working so I'm Mr. Mom tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts