close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR or GMR?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by hornswaggled, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Just wondered what you guys think about which one of these rivers is the best for smallmouth: or is there another creek or river that is better.

2. Size would be the Great miami river...Numbers typically the LMR...although depends on time of year and who you ask.

3. small creeks are easiest to catch fish out of, LMR will produce consistent numbers and the GMR has the biggest ones but you have to know your spots

4. This is likely to be a long discussion. I'm sure everyone has their own preferences and reasons - I prefer the Stillwater and a few choice tribs over either.
    It is a nice problem to have to choose between so many productive fisheries.

Oh, and I would say the GMR if I had to choose between the two - it's closer.

5. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

I would say which ever one you have the time to get out and fish. The better you know the river the better you chances. I prefer the LMR but I work on and live near the river so it is a natural choice for me. With limited time we all have these days pick which ever is closest to you and learn it. I agree with all the previous post that the LMR best numbers and GMR for larger fish. As bsm stated the creeks are always a good bet but big fish are rare and should be consinderd a great catch and released unharmed. Good luck. S

6. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

I like the one with water in it that day!!! All rivers that hold smallies in them I like equally, I only fish the LMR the most due to location for me. If I were in Troy or Sidney, I would prefer the GMR, If I were in Warren Co...and I am.. I prefer the LMR.