Lmr On Fire 09/22

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

Fished From About 9:30-11:00 Caught 2 Sauger, 3 Channels, 1 Shovelhead, 1 Drum, 1 Gizzard Shad, 1 Gar And 5 Smallies. I Love It You Never Know What You Are Going To Catch.

2. KevinAce

KevinAce Suckfest Fisherman

What kinda bait were you using?

3. fishymcgoo

Live Night Crawlers And Minnows. Smallies Hit A Small Spinner. The Water Is So Low You Can Really Get Out There To Those Usually Tough To Reach Spots. If You Like To River Fish And Arent Afraid To Wade You Can Tear Them Up Right Now. Enjoy It While It Last.:) :) :)

4. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

witch part of the lmr were u fishing??????

5. fishymcgoo

6. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

"If You Like To River Fish And Arent Afraid To Wade You Can Tear Them Up Right Now."

After posting on the world wide web...you should give serious thought to the ramifications of your observations.

7. Cordon

Cordon The Last Don

What ramifications could come from stating that if you like to fish right now is a good time to get out and fish?

Let me guess the Milford area is going to be fished out?

I don't understand some comments........

He said go fish the river they are on fire???

Am I missing something?

8. what in the world are you talking about cordon?

9. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

"Am I missing something?"

Tons..., Cordon.

"You Can Tear Them Up Right Now."

"What kinda bait were you using?"

"witch part of the lmr were u fishing??????"

"The Water Is So Low You Can Really Get Out There To Those Usually Tough To Reach Spots."

"Live Night Crawlers And Minnows."

"milford area"

Summer drought and Wintering instincts make native, riverine gamefish vulnerable. Once understood, there are those amongst us who will capitalize (for their own gain) on the fish's vulnerability. fishymcgoo...chose to exploit what is common knowledge between learned stewards for the benefit of those who would ask "watcha usin' and where they at?".

Will the Milford area be saturated?...I dunno...the guys who fish it regularly will be the judge.

However, the ramifications of "educating" those too lazy to understand what's obvious are the bane of inter-net fishing sites.

It'd be cool if this excellent site could ultimately be above the curve.

10. I am sorry you act as if you own the lmr ok nobody can fish in milford now cuz it not a public river any more :(

"Am I missing something?"..................................alot!

11. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

If you read the post it doesn`t sound like the fire was all that hot. But that said fishyMcgoo has right to post what he wants without wiper swiper giving him crap about it.Next thing you know wiper swiper will be fishing with a flyrod and posting poetry.

12. fishymcgoo

First Off Milford Is A Big Place. Second I Thought That What This Site Was For To Share Information. I Didnt Give Them A Map To Where I Was Fishing And Even If I Did So What. I Just Thought I Would Let Folks Know The River Is A Good Spot Right Now. You Cant Just Put A Night Crawler On A Hook And Go To Milford And Find The First Spot And Expect To Catch Fish. Anyway You Dont Own The River There Chief. THERE IS PLENTY OF FISHING FOR ALL OF US.

13. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

fishymcgoo - I recently fished the LMR for the first time. (I live in NE OH) We caught a variety of fish and had a great time. All fish were released. I see no problem with telling how and where you caught fish, that is what this site is about. If irresponsible people use that info in an irresponsible manner it's not your fault. JMO.
    Brian
    ps. Your posts are very difficult to read/understand as you capitalize every word.

14. wiper swiper has the right to post what he wishes and the rest of us have the right to fish and share information, if we want.

15. My 10 year old son and I fished the LMR last Saturday for the first time ever. We fished Bass Island for about a half an hour, on our way to a backyard barbeque with friends. My son caught two juvenile smallies, both released healthy and happy. I had several hits which I missed. It was my birthday and I was happy. If not for this forum, I would never have had the right information about when and where I could enjoy LMR smallie fishing. Thank you, thank you, thanks to all of you who share information, trusting that it will be used appropriately. You made my day.

We need to rely on law enforcement and ODNR with regard to whether an area needs protecting from those who take advantage.

BTW - my son used, I think, a Rebel-A in crawfish colors to catch his two small smallies.

16. Wiper Swiper

Wiper Swiper Banned

"If not for this forum, I would never have had the right information about when and where I could enjoy LMR smallie fishing."

Therein lies the rub. With respect to any Ohio stream...buy some gas, grab your rod, and get your feet wet. It far more rewarding.

fisharder, no...it doesn't sound that "hot" to me either. Something about "tearing up" drought stressed fish with live bait hit me wrong. Didn't feel like reminding folks of the ease that it could be done was very conservation minded. That is all.

17. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

My $0.02 - these are the kind of posts I like to see. They're vague enough to let people know the body of water, but not specific spots which could get overcrowded and fished out quickly. I would even like to see a few more structure details, lures used, and maybe water temp ;)

While I agree with the spirit of what Wiper Swiper is saying, it is a fine line we walk between conservation and disclosing information on this site that could be misused (whether your fault or not). I would also again remind everyone of the power of the web, our prey has no such advantage :)

CW

18. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

"Fishing with a flyrod and posting poetry"

LOL. Thats hilarious. Catching a few small fish with live bait is not "tearing it up" in my opinion. My 85 year old grandmother could do that. Did you at least catch the bait with your own hands or did you buy it? Basically, the fish in Milford will eat their natural food sources. Wow, thats a breakthrough discovery. At least flyfishing requires some skill.

19. I still say there is nothing wrong in what mcgoo posted people should be able to post what ever they whant with out being cut in half! it up to the person fishing to make that choice to catch&release not us on this form.do i think that milford will be fished out..............no so please get over your self there will be fish for u to catch!!!!!!!! mcgoo post away

20. fishymcgoo

thanks for the support. man did this get folks going. first off wiper i do understand your point of view. i want the river to be a place for my kids and their kids to fish in the future. i did use live bait when i went but if you read more carefully all my smallies were caught on a spinner. i released every fish i caught. i went and fished for an hour and a half, left nothing but footprints and took nothing home with me except my box and pole. if someone takes my info and catches a couple of fish and has a good time GREAT!

p.s. i have never ran into anyone at my honey hole in milford. good luck finding it.:)