Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the LMR looking like? I might head out today between noon-1. I will most likely be fishing with live bait (chubs, shiners, minnows, and nightcrawlers). I don't know what to expect since we got this cold front but I think after it warms up during the day for a couple hours the bite should pick back up right? I don't think I will be doing much wading today mostly bank fishing between Milford and Bass Island. Just need to make my own trails ;). Anyways if anyone is going to be out that way let me know before you head out maybe we can meetup. Also if someone could tell me how the clarity and level is of the LMR that would be great. I drove past Bass Island the other day and it looked fine but didn't actually get a chance to drive down and get a close look.

Jake

·
"I sat by the river" N.Mc
1,062 Posts
The river is running about 480cfs and dropping. It always seems to fish pretty good when dropping. Definately worth a shot. S

·
Registered
48 Posts
very low and very clear last time i was out. Also it's full of weeds. Im not sure where they came from, probably all the fertilizer run off from farmers planting their fields.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
its from all the nice suburbs that fertilize their yards once a week, most of that runs off into the creeks and right into the river. that and with the water so clear theres plenty of sunlight, atleast the quillback will grow well this year. has anyone else been seeing grass carp in the river this year?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will most likely bet out fishing the LMR today. Saw tons of people out fishing it yesterday so im assuming the bite was on.

Jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts