close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lmr Help

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carxman17, Aug 28, 2007.

1. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

Hey guys ,
    I live in Loveland very close to the lmr. I have never fished it but would love to. I just dont know anyware to axcess it. I would be wade fishing. I dont have a canoe. I am an avid lake & pond fisherman love to fish for large mouth & crappie, but have never caught any smallies. any help would be great. I am off work on weds. so I was thinking about going tomarrow morn. after 8:00. have to take kids to school. thanks in advance for any advice.....;)

2. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

3. I've been interested in kayaking down the lmr. Do they make 2 seaters? Any made especially for fishing? Any place I can get info?

Thanks

4. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Definately, all kinds of diff't kayaks. There is a place in Dayton, Mad River Outfitters (I think), Dick's, Gander Mountain, and try looking at Ebay.

5. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

If you live in loveland check out Nature Outfitters in Milford. They will order any yak you want even if it isn't in stock. Any model and color from manufacturers they carry. Also can go to D&D outfitters in forest park.

http://natureoutfitters.com/
    http://ddoutfitters.com/

There is alot of info on the web as kayaking is the fastest growing leasure sport in america. There are THOUSANDS of websites with info out there. Check out wilderness systems, ocean kayak, liquid logic, ....just to name a few.

Dicks Sporting goods has a big sale right now on their kayaks.....they dont have good Sit on Tops, but you could get a Sit-In dirt cheap.

6. rblake

rblake What?

7. awesome! thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated! Just 2 more questions before I start my research. (you guys will probably respond much faster than I can find the answer)
    How is the stability in these things?
    Is a "sit on top" perfered over the other?"

8. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

buy a canoe youll be able to take wife, bring more stuff, stand up and fish, and be the envy of all the kayakers

9. LMRsmallmouth

If you want to take sleprock's advice, I will sell you my canoe and trolling motor and battery (trolling motor and battery only used 3 times, still have box) for $350.
    I have not even touched my canoe since I bought my Yak. You will get a different answer from everyone about their kayaks so it is best to just go try them out for yourself. But I will tell you that anyone who thinks their Sit-in Yak is more comfortable or stable than a Sit-on-top has NEVER BEEN in a sit-on-top. When I fish out of my yak I feel like I am in the recliner in front of the big screen at home. AND...I am in and out of the thing in a split second.

10. Sleprock

hey man will ya take payments on that there canoe?
    lol

11. LMRsmallmouth

No....but I will trade for a Tarpon 100, or Tarpon 120. hehe

12. no canoes! everytime I get in one I end up in the water.
    Shleprock, I'd like to see you float down the river with your wife, all your luggage, and stand up while fishing out of your canoe. what a sight that would be. lol

13. Sleprock

do it alll the time all the time in a cheep dicks canoe

just requires balance and balls
    \

14. I hear how everyone flips their canoes. I don't know if it is just me but I have never came close to flipping mine. My buddy and I both stand up and fish. Ronnie

15. My hats off to you guys if you can stand and fish in a canoe. Not saying it cant be done, but I would think very unstable.
    If I'm gonna stand and fish its gonna be on the bank or in a bassboat! :)