Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
I decided to hit the Little Miami River at Foster (under the 22/3 bridge) today in the mild drizzly weather. I fished for about an hour and managed two fish. The first was a 13" white bass and the second was a 12" Smallie. Both of these came on a chartreuse size 1 vibrax inline spinner.

When is the White bass run do here? Shouldn't be in the next couple weeks?

Also, the water isn't muddy and, while a bit higher than normal, it is fairly warm and wadable (though I didn't get in).

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
It will be in a couple weeks Tim. I believe when the waters around 55-60 degrees? I usually hit that area around the end of April,first part of May. CATKING. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I usually time the white bass run on the LM by when the redbud trees bloom. Should be getting good now. Also Fosters is farther up than I usually catch fish. I do well in the stretch from Mariemont to Miamiville.

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back at noon and the water is muddy and up a couple feet. One of the creeks seemed fishable but I didn't feel like venturing through uncharted territory in the mud.

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
If you are looking for a decent place to cast around Tim, PM me, the private lake has many good spots to cast ;) CATKING !!!

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell, if I had that kind of time I'd be carpin' at stonelick (and not catching anything).

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While thinking about stonelick... How is the bank access at the new fishing pier. Will I be able to get my carping cart around there with no problems? I'm just wondering in case I get to "the spot" (where I have been chumming) and someone's already there.

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spent a couple hours on the Little Miami at Foster today. I manged 8 smallies with the biggest being 11 inches. The 5 smllest fish were in the 4 to 5 inch range. No whitebass today and all the fish came on various inline spinners (since I kept losing the things there). The water is warm, though I didn't wade today, and at fishable levels. The water is fairly clear and has a slight greenish tint to it, but it is not muddy. It is still up about 6 or 8 inches and is dropping fast. It dropped 6 inches from the time I checked at 11:30p last night and 7:30a this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts