close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR @ Foster

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TimJC, Apr 22, 2004.

1. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I decided to hit the Little Miami River at Foster (under the 22/3 bridge) today in the mild drizzly weather. I fished for about an hour and managed two fish. The first was a 13" white bass and the second was a 12" Smallie. Both of these came on a chartreuse size 1 vibrax inline spinner.

When is the White bass run do here? Shouldn't be in the next couple weeks?

Also, the water isn't muddy and, while a bit higher than normal, it is fairly warm and wadable (though I didn't get in).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. catking

catking Banned

It will be in a couple weeks Tim. I believe when the waters around 55-60 degrees? I usually hit that area around the end of April,first part of May. CATKING. :)

3. I usually time the white bass run on the LM by when the redbud trees bloom. Should be getting good now. Also Fosters is farther up than I usually catch fish. I do well in the stretch from Mariemont to Miamiville.

4. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

I went back at noon and the water is muddy and up a couple feet. One of the creeks seemed fishable but I didn't feel like venturing through uncharted territory in the mud.

5. catking

catking Banned

If you are looking for a decent place to cast around Tim, PM me, the private lake has many good spots to cast ;) CATKING !!!

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Hell, if I had that kind of time I'd be carpin' at stonelick (and not catching anything).

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

While thinking about stonelick... How is the bank access at the new fishing pier. Will I be able to get my carping cart around there with no problems? I'm just wondering in case I get to "the spot" (where I have been chumming) and someone's already there.

8. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Spent a couple hours on the Little Miami at Foster today. I manged 8 smallies with the biggest being 11 inches. The 5 smllest fish were in the 4 to 5 inch range. No whitebass today and all the fish came on various inline spinners (since I kept losing the things there). The water is warm, though I didn't wade today, and at fishable levels. The water is fairly clear and has a slight greenish tint to it, but it is not muddy. It is still up about 6 or 8 inches and is dropping fast. It dropped 6 inches from the time I checked at 11:30p last night and 7:30a this morning.