Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LMR Master Angler
940 Posts
There are crappie all over the LMR but the chances of getting into a bunch in one location is pretty slim. If crappie is what you are looking for, the local lakes (cowan, stonelick, East Fork, Paint Creek, etc....) are your best bets. I catch about 7-10 a year in the LMR by accident when fishing for other species. Best bets in LMR are smallies, cats, drum, white bass, carp, and Saugeye. Those species can be targeted and caught with regularity.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I caught a 12" crappie a few weeks ago in the LMR. I was really suprised to see it. Nice looking fish.

BlueWater

·
fisharder
423 Posts
There are a ton of crappie in the lmr I cought at least 200 in the past two weeks. I find better fish in the LMR than most of the lakes around here.I have cought a dozen crappie that went better than 15 inches out of the LMR this year. Keep in mind that it takes a pretty good size pool to hold that many fish. My best spots tend to be large slack water below riffles or creek mouths.Hair jigs and tube jigs tend to be my best producers.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
every spring a bunch of crappie come out of the lakes down into the river, there at fosters you could catch some but the good fishing is farther down. the area fisharder is fishing is loaded with nice ones, get there right after it rains you can kill them. 22/3 has smallies and some saugeye, give it a few weeks white bass, but anywhere on the river you may catch anything, thats just what the usual is in that area

·
Registered
270 Posts
I caught a SM on a Phoebe Spoon the other day.

BlueWater

1 - 10 of 10 Posts