Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a some beefy hybrids a couple weeks ago. Since then, my focus has shifted from smallies. I didn't even realize it until a few days back. I was thinking about my past few trips, and realized hybrids is all I've been targeting. Besides one hit, I haven't sniffed one since then. I missed my opportunity when a beast blasted my lure and my drag was too tight and it snapped 12 lb. test like it was nothing. That was one hit over many more hours than I care to admit. In my quest, I have picked up some other decent fish. My first 2 flatheads of the year, one being 24". A couple channel cats, 15" saugeye, and a few decent smallies, but none over 14".

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who's the dragon? Hybrid / smallie / undiscovered species?

Still, all look to be a good mess of fish!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Hybrids... I make so many thousands of casts and always think the next one could be "the one". I haven't caught any in the past couple weeks, yet I still can't get them off my mind. This just adds to my fishing addiction, kind of like an alcoholic who ramps it up to heroin.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
Who's the dragon? Hybrid / smallie / undiscovered species?
There's this chick he keeps running into every time we go fishing with a dragon tramp-stamp on her back. I keep telling him she's way too old for him but he doesn't listen. He keeps telling me one day he's going to get the nerve to walk up to her and ask her out.

Oh, and just for the record, I've never seen a senior citizen with a dragon tramp stamp before now. :confused::confused::confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts