Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AKA: JetboatJohnny
835 Posts
So I decided a few weeks ago to fish the LMR and use my new camera to video the run. I have to say it is always interesting to explorer new rivers. I had to turn around after a few hours because of the lightning and thunder that started to crack over my head, that was not a pleasant feeling being in an aluminum boat.

·
HouseTackle
2,054 Posts
I never thought you'd make it through Bass Island, lol. Thanks for that video, it was like a kayaking trip only without the 6 hours!

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
That is pretty cool Bazzin. This may be a stupid question but, is it as dangerous as it looks? Have you ever wrecked or hit anything, besides the rocks in the shallow sections?

I guess it's safe to say that Asian carp aren't a problem in the LMR yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Bazzin great vid of your boating adventure, did you build this yourself? Does the boat it self take damage from running so shallow?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I hope to not see any of these jet boats running past me while I'm trying to fish. I fish smaller river to get away from people and enjoy the peace and quiet. So much for that on the LMR when that boat is out there ripping it up. Cool boat though.

·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is pretty cool Bazzin. This may be a stupid question but, is it as dangerous as it looks? Have you ever wrecked or hit anything, besides the rocks in the shallow sections?

I guess it's safe to say that Asian carp aren't a problem in the LMR yet.
I have been running the boat now for 8 years and the only dangers are what you can see, as long as you can read the water in the rapids. It only takes about 3-4" of water to not hit and when it is that deep you get what you see.

The Asian carp have been my fear. I do not look forward to the day a 60lb fish slaps me in the face while I am running the boat.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Some of those spots I am very familiar with. I am surprised you got passed a few of those riffles. That's crazy, man. I like it.

·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bazzin great vid of your boating adventure, did you build this yourself? Does the boat it self take damage from running so shallow?

I did not build this boat. A buddy of mine bought the hull from a dealer in Columbus and then bought the motor straight from Merc. then he only used it 5 time the first year he owned it and he left it sit for 5 years in a garage before I bought it from him.

When I pick the wrong line or hit bottom the boat will take minor damage. Once every 2-3 years I take it to the welder to fix my mistakes. They always laugh at me and say "I don't understand how you put holes in your boat" I just tell them the rocks get in my way.

·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope to not see any of these jet boats running past me while I'm trying to fish. I fish smaller river to get away from people and enjoy the peace and quiet. So much for that on the LMR when that boat is out there ripping it up. Cool boat though.

You are way further north than my tank of gas could ever carry me so you don't have to worry about it being me if you do see one. :D

·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's never good when your warning horns are going off while your boat is on dry land. I would say those guys did some damage to their motors and boats in those vids.

I do have a video of the last time i ran up the WW and had to jump a tree to get the right line up a set of riffles. I will post that one as soon as I get it edited.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It's never good when your warning horns are going off while your boat is on dry land. I would say those guys did some damage to their motors and boats in those vids.

I do have a video of the last time i ran up the WW and had to jump a tree to get the right line up a set of riffles. I will post that one as soon as I get it edited.

I'd love to see it. What are those horns anyway?

·
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those horns are one of two things. The motor is overheating because it is not getting water to it, or they are at such an angle the motor is not getting oil. Either one is not a good situation.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I've had a dream of using a jet jon to run the LMR. You are all over it. :) I can't watch vid through work VPN but I will from home. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts