LMR behind Lake Isabella

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by space30cowboys, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Anyone ever have any luck back there? Is it even accessible behind the lake. I was thinking about trying to wade it if possible. Thanks!

2. jmlfisher

jmlfisher Beginner Angler

I've been thinking about fishing here too. I know there is canoe access here so it is a good place to start. Anybody had luck here?

3. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I tried there once last fall. Did not have any luck. It does look pretty fishy though. the water was real low last fall. havent tried it this year yet.. Let me know if anyone has any luck...

4. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

Heard from a friend the park district rangers will run you off there. Guess they want you to go spend all your fishing at Isabella instead.

5. Just got back from there. There was no one in the booth up front so I just drove on back. Walked down to the water and never got run off by the rangers but the weather on the other hand got really nasty really quick. As far as fishing, had something hooked on a rooster tail that I fought for about 20 seconds before the line snapped. Other than that didn't have any luck. Water seemed to be up and running a little bit.

6. jmlfisher

jmlfisher Beginner Angler

Ok thats good to know they didn't get mad at you. Stinks about your line snapping though. I might try it tomorrow and throw some plastic craws or tubes. i'll tell you how i do - jake

7. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Guys the area behind Isabella used to be closed to fishing but is now open access all throughout the park. Stop in and ask for Scott he will fill you in on the area, great guy down at the bait shop. he is most responsible for getting area open to fishing again. S

8. I've fished down there a few times, not much luck but I did catch my PB river smallmouth in that stretch, 18-1/2" probably 3-3/12 lb (only smallie caught that day). I think there may be a pic of it in the lakehouse.

9. Waded a few times back there on my lunch hour and had nothing but good luck, what a blast. Just floated a soft craw out about a 100 yards and watch the float go down and set the hook. Drum, smallmouth, catfish. Rangers rarely bother you, if your wading they can't do anything. When bank fishing stay in the areas where the signs are posted and make sure you have your fishing license.