close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LMR 9/8/07 early a.m.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sevenx, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

I got out this morning from 7:30 to 9. Got 2 10" smallies in the first few minutes on bright orange bunny leach with a silver cone. They came out of fast water in the runs right below the riffles. I should have stayed right where I was and picked it apart but instead kept moving so I could cover as much water as possible in the short time I had to fish. Oh well lesson learned not another bite after. Oddly enough I did not see any fish anywhere today. No carp or buffalo working anywhere. No gar either. Tons of bait fish everywhere. Tons of crayfish from about 1" to 3" and getting a nice greyish, green, blue color. Also saw a ton of snails all over the rock's. Lots of small frogs also. Saw alot of herron today on my drive to work, about 7 or 8 all in all not a bad way to start the day. The river looked good. visability wasy about 2ft. but we need rain bad. The only good thing about the low water right now is I am seeing alot more of the river make up than usual. The area I fished today is showing rock's, ledges and bottem make up I have not seen so far. May try again Monday hopefully after some of the rain we might get. Pray for rain. S

2. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

Thanks for the report, been a few weeks since I have been out there, itching to get back. I have been using my spare time squirrel hunting. I need to fish!!!

3. I also made quick stop by the LMR early evening. light rain, fish were feeding on the surface (I think they were all dinks) they wouldnt hit any topwater bait I threw at them. I did get a few hits on a plastic crawfish. The fish didnt want to take the whole bait. I changed to a roostertail and did catch a couple small (fingerling) saugeye. Probably what had been tapping at my other bait.

4. sevenx

Hey we got some rain. CFS went from 104 to 286. Hope fully the cooler water and some more flow will put the fish back on. Its muddy but still fishable for sure. Hope to get out in the morning and give it a shot.
    Good luck s

5. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

I hit the Lmr for about an hour on friday and caught a few on the trusty buzzbait. This rain will be nice. I am also hitting the river Monday. I'd say let's hook up, but you'll be at the shop by the the time I hit the water. I'll be in to see you soon.

6. sevenx

Red just got the message did not make it out today, inlaws suprise visit put a stop to that but there taking us to the Monday night Bengals game so I can't complain to much. S

7. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

WHO DEY! Good game, I hope you stayed till the end. I hit the LMR for about an hour and caught 1 small smallmouth and a decent spotted Bass. Nothing special, but better than nothing. I'd like to hook up and learn more about the flyrod.