Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up this morning with a very hopeful feeling that i was going to have a good outing. I walked outside and grabbed my gear but decided to grab a sweatshirt when the bite of cool morning air told me fall is near. I was dropped of at the river at 8 o'clock on the dot and started the day out with a rebel minnow plug. I figured it would work because I saw a lot of action subsurface like the swirls of minnows running and occasional ones skipping across the surface. I threw and threw that minnow plug hoping to pull a big smallie out of hiding but they weren't having it. I switched up to a tube at about 930 and decided to stick with it the rest of the day. I still had not caught a fish and the only action so far was a king fisher screeching and skimming across a long pool ahead of me. I worked the tubes in the different types of areas in the river where you'd expect the smallies to be and got the the first of the day where the riffle dumps into about a 3ft deep hole with a big ball of tree roots in it. A beautifully marked 15"er ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1378601687.658362.jpg
I worked that area a little bit longer but didn't find any other takers. I walked a bit downstream and pulled a feisty lil 13" er out of the same type of area of the other smallie ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1378601808.656641.jpg
I caught a little large mouth later in the day but that was it for the day. I left at about 1. Not the greatest day but it didn't matter, it was peaceful out this morning on the river and it was the first time I ever waded by myself. ( sorry about bad picture quality i took the pics through a ziploc bag)

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
___upacreek
1,358 Posts
The markings on that first smallmouth are striking.

There is nothing like wading alone with just your thoughts and the sounds of the river. Doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. I hope that didn't sound too cheesy.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The markings on that first smallmouth are striking.

There is nothing like wading alone with just your thoughts and the sounds of the river. Doesn't get any better than that in my opinion. I hope that didn't sound too cheesy.
Not cheesy, I agree it's therapeutic. Nice fish looking fish even through a Ziploc bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts