close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lmr 9-26-04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Sep 26, 2004.

1. I had planed to fish the GMR for some flatheads, but overslept by 5 HOURS. Decided to try for a Fish Ohio Smallie. Fished the 350 bridge to Mathers Mill bridge from 9:00am to 1:30pm. The river was very clear, and there are some nice looking holes in this stretch. Caught a few dinks to start off the day, and then managed two that when stretched were 15". All were caught on a RodKill Camo Tube. Floating back down, I encountered a VERY nice bikini hatch (Always a nice end to a good morning of fishing). Then I got the HIT. I knew that it was a Fish Ohio immediately! It was a long cast into a deep hole, and the fish was just pulling drag. I took my time, and finally brought this 24" beauty to the kayak.

[​IMG]G[/img]

2. 24" Smallie! Awesome, any other pictures? Congrats on a fish of that caliber. Beats my personal best by 5".

3. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

But is that a drum? the dorsal fin looks wrong, and the mouth seems pointed downward.

4. I thought the same thing.... :D

5. Sorry, it was a 24” drum, not a smallie! Well, it was a nice smallie for about 5 minutes, but once I got it close to the kayak it transformed into a drum! LOL

6. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

I was gonna wait until someone else mentioned it, but thats not a smallie by any account........ hate it when they instantly transform into another species just before you lip em...... :confused: :confused: