close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lmr 8-23-08 cant complain

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, Aug 24, 2008.

1. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

couldnt catch any bait so i put some night crawlers on a hook and managed to land about a 10lb. flattie:) i think some rain and maybe a little cooler weather and the fishing will be great!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. that looks like a channel to me, still nice fish tho

3. fishymcgoo

the pic of the fish on the ground is the same fish i am seen holding. it was without a doubt a shovelhead. the pic does look like a channel though. pics i take at dark never turn out that good.

4. if the fish on the ground is the one you are holding than i would have to say for sure a flathead. nice fish!

5. with the forked tail it is a channel without a doubt, but a beast of a channel, all of this succesfull catfish talk makes me think i'll have to bring along a baitcaster with my fly rod tonight!

6. fishymcgoo

i appreciate the opinions but look at the picture at the top. that is and was a shovelhead. the fish i am holding does look like a channel but it was the same fish on the ground in the top pic. i had to do some photo editing so the pic was visible so maybe that explains it. but i know the difference between a channel and a flattie. no doubt a flattie!

7. The pic on top isn't the important one. The side view with the deeply forked tail is the money shot. And besides, the pic on top kind of looks like a channel anyway.

Quit taking it personally. A 10lb channel is way more impressive than a 10lb flathead any day of the week.

8. fishymcgoo

i agree that "A 10lb channel is way more impressive than a 10lb flathead any day of the week" but there were 3 other people there that all know the difference between catfish. we all said flattie. not taking it personal but i believe it was a flattie. everyone is intitled to their opinion though and i appreciate the input.

9. I've caught a lot of flatheads and channels, and I've never seen a flathead with a deeply forked tail, (because they don't have them) and I've never seen one with blue-grey pectoral and dorsal fins. Also, it's difficult to tell with the pic, but it appears the upper jaw extends out farther than the lower jaw, unless your hand is covering the entire end of its' lower jaw. It's a channel. that's not an opinion.

I'm just trying to help you out. Use this to educate your 3 buddies. It's just fishing.

10. Thats a channel cat......... Nice fish

11. fishymcgoo

i looked at some other pics of that fish and i guess there is a first time for everything. i was wrong! with the size and it being dark i came to the wrong conclusion.

12. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

definitely a channel.... no matter how many pictures you would have of it.... its a channel 100% sure of it, just a different coloration of the fish that makes it take similarities to a flattie

13. fishymcgoo

yes i realize it is a channel now. biggest channel i have ever caught!