Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got out for a couple hours at dawn. Attempted to work the topwater for awhile, but I had no action. I Texas rigged a 5" purple stik worm. I was bouncing it upstream in some "medium" current that ran next to faster current. I felt a very slight tap and set the hook. The fish immediately ran out in the faster current. For about 10 seconds, we were in a standoff where the fish was holding in the current and I couldn't budge it. It took off back into the slower current and leapt out of the water. I wrangled in what ended up being a 16" smallmouth. I would have bet anything that it was in the 18-19" range due to the fight. The warm water seems to have them fighting with all they've got. Pics have been Instagrammed.

Fish Bass Carp Snapper Northern largemouth bass

Fish Bass Fish Trout Ray-finned fish

I got a 12 incher and a few dinks and had to head to work.

I was able to get back out for a couple hours this afternoon. Ran into Fischa, and decided to work some spots together. I Texas rigged a 4" green pumpkin magic Senko. I have read a few different articles from guys saying they have better luck with those than tubes in the dead of summer. I got a few dinks to start out. I casted into some pretty heavy swirling current and picked up one in the 12-13" range. On my way out, I was running late and debated if I should cast into a small eddy- of course I chose to cast. Made one cast, nailed a 12" and walked away into the sunset.... well not really, it was 5 o'clock.

Attachments

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Better than I've gotten all week, of course ain't been able to get out cuz work. (I gotta say, $*&$ the Dayton dragons. Lol) Anyways, awesome fishies bud. Hopefully there will be more to come for us all!

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts