Lmr 10/22

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TeamPlaker, Oct 22, 2008.

1. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

Hit the LMR after work today with my ultralight for White Bass just to mix things up (and you thought this report was going to be about muskie!). Fished from 4 til 7 and I managed 5 White Bass, biggest was about a pound and a half. I did have a small Hybrid on but he got off before I could get a hand on him. Supposed to rain Friday and Saturday, I can't wait to hit the river after that. The biggest catch of the day for me was a Sauger and I always like to include a pic or two with my report, so there ya go. Not a record breaker, but fun on an ultralight. Caught them all on a white rooster tail.

Attached Files:

2. They can't all be 'skis, Jay. It's looking a bit grim from the reports here with a lot of stickbass and leaftrout. Rains supposed to come in friday and stay til Sunday so maybe it'll clean things up and you can get up here for a shot at some pike. I just broke down and bought an XRap XR-8 I've been eyeing for awhile and I hope it may look good to a pike or two as well as the bass.

3. Might see you out there I had the same plan for Sunday or Monday.

4. TeamPlaker

Definitely, I wanted to get out and fish for something I didn't have to throw my shoulder out pitching for. White Bass are fun, especially on an ultralight.
    We'll have to see how the weather plays out.. if everything isn't flooded out I may head up there Sunday. Otherwise it may be next weekend.

5. I'm going to try for some water time today but I'm gonna wait and see how the wind is because I'm in the mood to flip some lures. I'm not looking forward to handling minnows in the cold, windy weather and having my hands turn blue and lose all feeling like the last time I was on the river on Sunday.

Jay, reports for this Sunday keep changing but here's a local link to keep an eye on.
    http://www.whiotv.com/weather/index.html

6. I passed up wading on Tuesday because of the wind. Its already hard enough to move in waders, then add some layers and you feel like a aquatic tick. Still with cold hands.

7. TeamPlaker

I saved the page and will keep an eye on the weather.... it's starting to look like next weekend might be a better idea.