close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lmr 10-11

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TeamPlaker, Oct 11, 2008.

1. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

Went to the LMR this morning to see if I still remember how to fish for hybrids. Couldn't seem to find them. Just 2 black bass to show for it, bigger one is in the pic. Not big and not what I was looking for, but better than nothing.
    Odd thing was... didn't catch a sauger. I haven't been down that way since early July, but usually every time I'm down there I can't keep those little runts off my lure. I was surprised for as cool as it was that I didn't get any white bass either.

Attached Files:

• bass.JPG
      bass.JPG
      File size:
      86.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Thats a nice little spotted bass you got there Jay. I like those things, I just wish they averaged bigger.

3. TeamPlaker

No doubt, both of them were Kentucky spots, the smaller one had real nice color to him.. the one in the pic was darker. Caught them both on the Gizz3. :)

4. Now yer talk'n SMACK, tackle that is! ;)
    LMJ

5. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Bout the same as me last time out after them. Been scarce this year but according to some the bite in the gmr for them is better.TC1

6. TeamPlaker

Yeah, we need rain for the LMR. From the looks of the flow charts, they're not really draining out CC, Cowan, or EF too much. Last year when they started draining them down to winter pool the hybrids were crazy. I don't get over to the GMR much these days, if I go to the GMR in the future, I am going to be way up north looking for pike...

7. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I went to the LMR today hoping to catch as many whites as I was catching this weekend at the GMR. I only caught one. Unless we get some serious rain, I may be done for the season.

8. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

9. TeamPlaker

That'd be a mistake... the cooler temps are right around the corner, that's going to make for some hot fishing! When that rain comes you know you'll have to scratch the itch!

10. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

Yea, I'm probably lying. I'll be back out there. I was having a great time catching white bass this weekend. They hit like a ton of bricks for being so little. I couldn't catch a smallmouth or a hybrid if my life depended on it right now though.