close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LM at Mog.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stu1019, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Im going out to Mogadore tomorrow. fishing for some LM bass from various spots on shore. are they really deep now or will i still catch some decent bass from shore? any suggestions from some of you experts? (johnboy) any help and suggestions would be helpful!!!

stu...........

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you should still be able to get them. what part are you fishing from? and what are you planning on using? I'd throw a senko style worm, in greens, with a wide gap #4 gamastaku hook. FYI, what I say isn't gospel, so don't take it that way ;)

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

If the day is windy, try to find a shoreline area where the wind is blowing IN to it. You will likely find some feeding in these type of areas.

Senkos (stick baits) do work well out there. You might also try Yum Dingers in the Ozark Smoke or Cotton Candy colors, 4 inch size. If you not getting any action on those texas rigged, try wacky rigging them on a Eagle Claw size 1 weedless hook, NOT the size 2. That is my preferred method of fishing Mogadore in the summer.

When the algea blooms flare up and the water turns green, white kills them there.

One other sure-fire lure is a texas rigged green pumkin or june bug (purple/blue) ribbon tail worm. Put a bullet weight on the nose to get it down and you WILL catch the bass if they are there. Gamakatsu EWG offset shank size 2 hooks are my texas rig hooks of choice.

4. I usually fish from the shores near the ramp at 43, but I went out searching for more areas to fish. I had never been anywhere else except over near 43 so I ventured down some of the roads on the other side (near sunnybrook and that area). Is there anywhere to fish over near the old camp ground areas and the boat launch area that is back there? I see signs every now and then that say no fishing from this shore, but are they everwhere or just in certain places.

Also, is the North Dike Rd. closed? I noticed a gate up tonite. And whos boats are those down at the docks? are they left over from the old boat rentals they used to do? Thanks guys!!

stu...........

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the dike rd is open i think, but only from the sunny brook side, not old forge. you can probably fish the camp ground area, but it's a little weedy, as is the rest of the lake. i am pretty sure the area by lansinger rd is closed to fishing, just because i beleive most of the signs there are newer.

6. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Fishing is always prohibited at the Lansinger stakes. Always has been. Never will and should not change.

There is LOTS of shore access in the northern section. Both on the old closed road (directly across from 43 boathouse entrance) and North Dike road. I too, have seen the gate closed on Old Forge, but I believe it is open on Sunnybrook. I have not been on it this year, but I have heard that the road is in disrepair in a couple spots near Old Forge.

Good Luck! And be a good Samaritin and bring a trash bag. The shoreline is getting littered by the slobs.

7. OK well I guess I will head down to N. Dike and fish from there. I will just have to look out for no fishing signs. I will also take a trash bag out there to help make it look better. the last time i was there it looked horrible. thanx guys!!!

stu..........

8. I agree. I always take five times as much trash home from mogadore as i brought.
    As for the fishing, Bass are still available from shore. I often throw on an old pair of jeans and a worn out pair of tennies and wade the shoreline. This is a very effective way to cover the outside weed edges. Just use a fanny pack for a tackle carrier. Or as my buddy did, get a soft side six pack cooler and throw a couple plano containers in it with the bare essentials. It floats and is meant to get wet. I have great results with beetle spins and curly tail jigs while wading.
    Huntinbull