close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Live-well

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by TxTransplant, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I would like to fish some of the tourney's out at PL but have a very small Tri-haul with no live well. Is there anything I can make or do in order to fish them? Thanx in advance..............................

Gene

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

you can convert a cooler into a live well. i will look online for the plans on how to build it.

flash-------------------------out

3. TxTransplant

Thanx Ben.......lemme know if ya find the plans and where to look.

Gene

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

if you have a big cooler, I bought a bait saver live well sprayer/circulator. they are cheap. PM me and i will bring one to show you next time you offer to take me fishing....hint hint!

5. TxTransplant

I'm looking for someone to go tonight.....you up for it?

Gene

6. I just use a big cooler and minnow bucket aerator in my 12 ft. jon. I've never had any fish die on me, so it works pretty well. Use Please Release Me, too.
    LaDo

7. I have a livewell but it isn't very big, especially if you have a partner and you are both catching fish. I bought a Big bubbles aerator, and it works wonders. It runs on two C batteries, and says it will run 88 hours on new C batteries. I just continually run the water level up, and hook Big Bubbles to the side of the livewell, and presto.....instant hot tub action for Bass! It has a 2 foot hose that has a porous rock on the end of it to hold it down in the water. Never lost a fish either. I would like to hear more about these additives that some put in there livewells.

Eric

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Stay alive is one of the biggest. Buy it in the large bottle to save money. You put about a cap full in your live well and it keep the fishes slime in place and also calms them. Great stuff that works. On a hot day use ice to keep the water cooler. The biggest thing is to keep O2 in the water with a good aireator or fresh water pump. Hook a timer up to you pump/aireator and you'll never have a problem. Yes- Colers do work great. You can buy a converter kit from BPS and most larger sporting goods store. Lots of smaller boats use them and they work well.

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

10. TxTransplant

Thanx everyone for the help. I really want to start fishing some of those bass tourneys. I will check out that thread Jerry. Thanx!

Gene

11. Perhaps I can help. I custom build livewells, portable or for installing in your boat. if you are still in the market go to customlivewells.com if I can help another angler it will continue to make the fish nervious. :D

12. MAVRIK

MAVRIK Sophomore Member

Livewell man: Do your livewells come with an aerator system?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.