close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Live bait at Dick's soon!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JBJ, Feb 22, 2005.

1. JBJ

JBJ

Alright guys, you asked for it. We are bringing live bait into the Sawmill Road Dick's Sporting Goods store as per the many requests. It took a HUGE amount of convincing our store manager and he has agreed to do it on a trial basis. If it sells well, we will be able to keep it. If it doesn't, it goes bye-bye. This will only get one chance to prove it's worth.

Tell me now or FOREVER hold your peace. Worms, hellgramites, cut bait, etc.
    What do you want to see us carry?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

JBJ, try worms, both night crawlers and red worms, Meal worms, wax worms, craws (LOL) items that local people will use.

3. JBJ

JBJ

Those are all on the list as available to us.
    I need to know what members here WANT to see us carry. What info I get here will play a BIG part in what we carry. Oddly enough, my contact with OGF and it's members is a grand wildcard I get to play in the game with my bosses. I have discussed this site with managers all the way up to regional level and they know that I am doing my best to bring the wants-needs-and desires of Ohio anglers to the forefront of how they look at fishing retail sales. I can honestly say that I believe the information I have passed up the line from input I get from OGF members and other customers has played a big part in why we are carrying MUCH more than the usual assortment of fishing product most DSGs have on hand.

4. JBJ,

Don't want to put a dampener on the bait subject but personally I wouldn't find myself stopping at Dick's just to get bait. If I happened to be in there for something else and I was leaving immediately thereafter to the lake, maybe. But that is why most bait shops are located near fishing locations, convenience, although you are somewhat close to O'Shaughnessy. Wouldn't feel real comfortable leaving my boat in the parking lot either if I was by myself. Just my opinion.

Rick

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I would say the usual, crawlers, mealworms, waxworms, etc. The craws are a novel idea. Some minnies might be wise too for the crappie/saugeye croud at Griggs and O'Shay.

On that note, the Cabelas in Dundee seems to be pretty successful for a large store to sell live bait. They have a TON!