close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little Portage Area 4/7

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShoreBoundOne, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Hit it for the first time after work yesterday....nice looking spot for carp. water is very shallow...average 2 feet..maybe three if you can cast far enough. Got into a ton of Bullheads...using crawlers and tightlining the bottom.
    I am gonna try Carping this year for the first time....i think this will be a hotspot for me.
    Pray to the erie gods and i will be hammerin the eyes this evening.

Mitch

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Mitch,

If you can make it out to East Harbor next weekend, we will be having our season opener Carp-In for the Carp ANglers Group. I have fished the Little Portage Area a few times last year. Caught some REALLY nice fish in there. TONS Of bullheads too! An 80yard cast (almost to the other side) will put you in about 8' of water when the winds are out of the E or the N. Otherwise, it gets doggone shallow in there!

3. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Thanks Shawn, I am gonna do my best to get over there to meet you fellas and get some pointers....i been doin alot of reading. I think i am gonna sell my 2 Abu6500c3's and get a couple Baitfeeders. I bought the garcias last year and never fully got the hack of casting the dern things. With fishing time limited, i would rather get a nice baitfeeder...that i know how to cast...than spend every third or fourth cast pulling out a birds nest lol.
    I know you guys will be at east harbor....where exactly will you be setting up...or maybe just let me know what your vehicles look like. Ill be in a Hunter Green Dakota 4X4.

Mitch

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Follow this thread for all of the information:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40

I will be driving a black/silver Dakota with an Ohio State Logo in the back window. I will be in the campground. Those not camping and fishing for the day can park at the shelterhouse lot right before the causeway before the water.

As for baitrunners, I can give you some insight, and let you try mine out at the event if you wish. I will be up there this weekend with Buckeye Bob also.