close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little Miami River (My first OH smallmouth!)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bassnpro1, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I went canoeing today with my uncle and autn and their famil along with a few cousins and my g/f Tera. I brought along a pole of course trying to sneak a couple casts in here and there, and while we were stopped for lunch I caught my first Ohio smallmouth. Nothing big, but it was cool catching it in front of the family and I was pumped when the little guy went airbourne three times in the current. I caught it on a rebel crawdad crankbait and when I got the fish in it had a crawdad half swallowed and still went for my bait. Of course it was releashed unharmed. Here is my pic of the little guy( for some reason the insert image link isn't working for me?? If someone gets it to work put it in the thread please! thanks)

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/data/500/103DSCN0372-med.JPG

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

here goes the pic. I got to hit a river again and go after these fish. They are fun!

[​IMG]

3. I don't think you can beat hooking a river smallie for fun an d a little excitement. I'll take a 1 or 2 pound river smallie over a 3 to 4 pound largemouth most any day.

4. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

Just can't beat river smallies! Good job...

5. catking

catking Banned

Good job Kevin !! Man, that bank looks familar. Maybe under a big bridge??? Then again, that river looks the same in alot of locations. ......CATKING

6. muskiehunter

muskiehunter Was that Bass 5lb?Burp!

good lookin fish..now ya mind takin a couple of steps to to the side so i cast right there behind ya?:D