close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little Miami River Float Trip !!!!!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by catking, Mar 28, 2005.

1. catking

catking Banned

When : Saturday , May 14 th

Where : Meet at the Foster Picnic Shelter around 2 pm

Hey Guys & Gals : This outing will be a canoe/wading type of deal. For those who will be renting canoes, there are several places that rent canoes along this route . You all might want to chime in and get a group discount and meet at that location . The Foster Shelter is right under the 22/3 bridge, this is a landmark you can watch for to bank your canoes to eat. Those who are wading , can just head down to Foster and wade that area. Thanks to ROOSTER for getting this outing off and running. DA KING !!! will be at the shelter grillin burgers and hotdogs, with a side dish or two. You all can bring a small cooler with your drinks . Do not worry about anything else. It will be supplied ( hot dogs, hamburgers, buns , paper products etc) . Please chime in if you will be attending....and what type of fishing. THANKS !

#1 - ROOSTER - kayak................................cooler with a soda
    #2- DA KING !!! bank fishing.......Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Buns, Grill , Charcoal & lighter fluid, mustard, ketchup, paper towels and plates.
    #3 - Walter Adkins canoe (Share a canoe ?)
    #4 - TimJC................
    #5 - H2OMellon..........
    #6 - Salmonid & 2 friends..................
    #7 - Floater & buddy........wading.......
    # 8 - smallfish............
    #9- WINNER...............
    #10-creekwalker..........
    #11- smallieguy...........
    #12-supersize - Potato Chips
    # 12.5 - steelheader007............
    # 14 -

2. CatKing, I am tentative with 1-2 others in my drift boat, Just need to know if I can take the boat out there on the gravel bar at the Picnic area( can I get the trailer to the water there??) if not, how far down to the next takeout. I am still not familliar with the LMR below Morrow. But have lots of boat and trailer acces above that point.

Thanks, Salmonid

3. catking

catking Banned

You can't get a trailer to the take out spot. I really don't know where the nearest place to trailer a boat by Foster. Maybe a bunch of us can carry it ? I don't know how big it is, but cant be to large ? CATKING

4. I will be there. I am willing to rent a canoe if anyone is willing to team up with me. We can figure out the distance that you are comfortable with and go from the nearest livery.

5. Hey Catking, how close can I park to the water there?, the boat is about 350 lbs, it will slide easy enough with enough manpower as long as the slope isnt too big, otherwise Ill do some scouting and find the next take out downstream.

Thanks,
    Salmonid

6. catking

catking Banned

The edge from the closest parking is probably a couple hundred feet on an average slope. I'm sure we can muscle your boat up to the parking area, but you might want to scout out another area....... THE CATKING !!! :)

7. I will go out to Foster sometime this weekend. I think that there are two access point within a few hundred yards.

Are we talking about using the picnic shelter on the same side of the river as the Train Stop Restaurant? I do not think that you could launch a boat from that side. However, I have seen people bank fish from this area.

Just a few hundred yards downstream, there is access on the other side of the river. I think that there is a canoe ramp, and it is only a few feet from the parking lot (if you could not get your trailer on the earth ramp).

8. catking

catking Banned

I was referring to the shelter across the river located inside the park.....that area has canoe access.......... Either shelter will work for me.. the one I'm talkin about also has the excellent wading areas..... CATKING !!!

9. catking

catking Banned

I would think the one across from the resteraunt woudl be better to tie up the canoes and such......... More seclusive also......... Rick :)

10. Yes, the one across the river from the restaurant will be fine. It has been a few years since I have spent any time in the area……I really need to go out there and take a look!

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

the access at foster is maybe a hundred feet from the parking lot to the water, but there are posts that keep you from being able to drive down to the river. As long as we can carry the boat over the posts you'll be golden.

12. Does anyone have a map of the proposed fishing route? I would like to know where we are talking about do to the fact that I have never fished this area before. Thanks.

13. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Walter,
    I posted some links for maps in the original thread from Rooster. I think one was a PDF and the other was a list of waypoints with some description.

Creekwalker

14. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

How about some photos?

These are photos of the Carl A Rahe Access at Foster. The park is under the Montgomery Road (22/3) bridge between Landen and Morrow. The road the park is on is Old 3C, which connects to Montgomery Rd (22/3) before and after the bridge. More photos are in my album here (20+)

NOTE: There are only 5 picnic tables down there right now.

The Sign:
    [​IMG]
    The Road (Old 3C):
    [​IMG]
    The Enterance:
    [​IMG]
    Some Pictures from the far end of the Parking lot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Shelter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The shelter got tagged:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's the river access path (the one for canoes anyway). Note that the water is about a foot high right now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. Sorry to those using dial-up :D

15. Sounds like a good time. How is the fishing in the river? I have a brother in Lebanon who want to do some fishing, how far from Lebanon is this place?

16. catking

catking Banned

Lebanon is only about 15-20 minutes away from this area......... straight down Rt 48 from Mainville......... Hey all, ROOSTER asked me to start this thread for the final outing bits and pieces. It's his ballgame ;) I just have more time and can edit the orginal thread ;) ...... Thanks Tim for the photos. As you all can see, there is plenty of room in that area. Hey twistertail, the fishing in that area can be GREAT !!! My personal best smallie , spotted bass and saugeye came from that area. ...........THE CATKING !!!

17. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I'll be there wading. I may bring a friend or two if that's alright.

18. i would love to make this outing but its the same day as the first race at KY speedway...take plenty of pic's for me

19. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

any carp in there?? :p
    tim..how about some bankfishin spots shot.. :)

20. I think that there will be plenty of man power to get anything up to a 22 foot bass boat out of the water. Lets all plan on getting at the same place. I may need help with my float tube and will be glad to help anyone. A little fishng . A little eating. A little lieing. sounds great. Steve