close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little Miami River bass turny sign up

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

Date September 1st (saturday)

Locations put in = Glen Tompson canoe ramp( its on 35 between bevercreek and xenia) river mile 74.5 on map linked below

take out= millbridge ramp(is near bellbrook north of bellbrook canoe off by itself) river mile 68.5

Times 8:30- 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

entry = $30 per boat $5 big fish per person

these are both public ramps

lets get it on

map

http://www4.wittenberg.edu/academics/hfs/tmartin/lilmiamiriver.jpg

2. Sleprock

sleprock and partner(may be wife,friend, or nephew)

3. Sounds nice.. Too bad the Dove opener is on the first :D

4. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

count me in and a partner (not sure who yet, the guy i first intended to bring works on saturdays)

5. Sleprock

6. i am in! i have a couple partners to choose from as well. btw, how are we aranging to get back to point A ?

7. I think young whiskers and i are in

8. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am in with a partner

9. Sleprock

transportation is on you and your partner bring two vehicals show up early i my be there very early is i my be bymyself.

10. I have a 14 ft canoe but need a partner. Also what are the rules and fish size regulations for the tourny. If interested in partering up PM me. Ronnie

11. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

We dont like a bunch of rules as these are more "get togethers" with a pot to make things interesting/competitive. 3 Biggest fish (no size limit), hopefully you will get 3 over 12" to stay in the hunt. Only rules are show up on time and try to get to the weigh-in on time, and NO DEAD FISH. An aerated cooler is really needed to keep the fish safe. Oh yeah....no live bait!
    Other than that, the only other requirement is that you have fun and dont leave your trash and keep the place nicer than when you arrived. Were just out to have fun, these tourneys arent for the serious tournament folks who arent interested in meeting new folks and fishing for FUN and good times. I began these tourney ideas last year out of a love for the river and my love of fishing and wanted to share experiences with like minded folks. All are welcome to enter, just dont expect a bunch of hard nosed folks, we are just good folks looking to have a good time doing what we love.

P.S. - Sleprock...we may want to move the start time up a bit, I thought we started alittle late last time and the canoers were in full force. I was thinking maybe 7:30ish. We can see what everyone else thinks

12. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

is this a canoe tournament? or will there be other boats out there? this sounds pretty fun, and i have a friend that i know would like to get in on this. let me know. thanks.

13. Sleprock

i am thinking of really nailing things down the week before just getting interest an earlier start ok with me as i have a short way to go i was thinking about you guys from down south, i would start early as 7:00 but 7:30 - 8:00 is good with me.

14. i have an extra canoe/paddles if someone wants to pick it up at the house and bring it back (live in E-Dayton). not sure yet if i am using my aluminum "scanoe" or the plastic canoe.

15. Sleprock

just to let you all know and i forgotmyself, that glen tompson reserve(just off 35 between bevercreek and xenia) is about 50 feet/yards off of the river, you will have to carry/drag your boat to the river there is a path just though yall should know, also had people pm me about other kinds of boats be aware that you probably my have to wade or portage your boats thru shallower areas so be sure you can do that in any boat you are bringing.

also would let yall know that i have a trolling motor and fishfinder on my canoe so yall now know ahead of time.

directions from launch to pullout:

cross 35 on trebein rd/n valley rd. go straight down n valley becomes s valley turn right west on upper bellbrook rd until mead road go south left on mead rd. mead rd ends on stewart rd go soutwest/ right, steward rd. ends on washington mills rd go west/right, look for sign"mill bridge launch park" enterance to park is on small looks like private drive. park is right at bridge you just drove over.

looks like 6 teams so far payouts could be as follows

3-5 teams 1st place gets all boat entery fees
    6-8 teams 1st place gets all but 2ed place teams entery 2ed place $30
    9 or more 1st place gets all but 60 2ed place +3 place get entery back

hows all that sound

Teams i have so far,
    Slep and not sure of partner or no
    lmrsmallmouth + rblake
    1badmtherfisher and young wiskers
    fisherman5567 and partner
    dinkbuster and partner
    fishingteacher and partner

thats 6 so far probably should limit this to 12 boats

16. Sleprock

17. I was realy interested in this but I just found out that I have another obligation. So all of you have fun and catch some nice ones.

18. Is there a deadline to sighn up ? I'm gonna see if i can come up with a canoe but won't know until probably Thursday or Friday.

19. Sleprock

20. heres is my partner, and he's a bringin his secret weapons.......THE INSTANT FISHERMAN! :D [​IMG]