Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little Miami 10/16

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Fished south of 235 on Saturday from 9:30am to 5:30pm. The temperature was between 38 and 45 most of the day with rain and sleet mixed in. I only managed 13 smallmouth and a few rockbass, with two nice smallmouths hooked but not landed. Smouthmouths ranged between 12" and 16". I did not catch a 20"er. I did not catch a smallmouth until 12:55 when I changed my presentation. My presentation had to be extremely slow. The weather, water level might have had an affect on the strikes but I believe it was me. The three 16"ers and the two bigger ones all came off of the same lure in the same type long deep holes. I got the two bigger ones up next to me but they were smarter than me and got off before I could lip them. They did not appear to bigger than 18"ers.
    Here is the report on stream usage. September 2(1car), 4(3cars), 7(0cars), 11(1car), 12(1car), 16(0cars), 19(0cars), 24(0cars), 26(1car), 2(0cars), 16th I was the only one there. The land owners did not notice any difference in the number of people fishing.
    I will let you decide if there was any difference in the fishing due to pressure or people taking out fish.
    I do not believe that this has been 100% accurate due to the fact that I was the only one gathering information. If you have any information to had please due.
  2. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the update on the stream usage Walter !! Very nice report I might add. From now until mid Dec is the best smallie season for myself in the small rivers. Looking forward to getting out to catch a few. Good Luck to you this season....... THE CATKING !!!

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

GEEEEZE! Walter I gotta get out with you sometime!