Little Luck on the LMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by peterson.478, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Came home for a day and tried my honey hole that evening on the Little Miami River. Landed what I think was atleast a 2.5 pound white bass (pic), and six saugeyes, the eye in the picture was the largest saugeye caught all evening, it was atleast 2 pounds, all the other eyes caught were a pound or less. Not bad for only an hours worth of fishing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hmmm... 3/4 - 1lb white bass.. same for Saugeye imo

3. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Gotta find some popcorn.

Nice fish.:)

4. I know, the pictures dont do the fish justice. They may be the two largest fish I have caught in LMR in a while.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

That's not a saugeye. It's a sauger.

6. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

Here we go again!!!!!

7. not having luck on the LMR this year.....Last year I might catch 6 to 10 smallies in a couple hours on the LMR around Morrow. I haven't caught one fish on that river this year so far.

8. I was out there this morning and caught about 10 smallies ranging from 1to 2lbs all on a bomber crank. Was out for about an hour and a half. they were mostly biting where a small feeder creeks clear water met the murky water. Hope this helps. by the way I think the fish I caught today could eat those things. Jk nice fish

9. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I just drove by Todds fork for work. It was an ugly muddy mess. I was planning on fishing the LMR in Loveland after work. Does anyone know how Muddy the LMR is today?

10. it was high but very fishable

11. Nothing to 'brag' about catching on the LMR this year...yet :)
    Seems fish have moved, of course we have had rain this year.

12. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I just got back from fishing at Loveland before the storm came in. I caught my first saugar (or saugeye). It was 10in long and I let him go. How long should they be before you keep them? I just don't wanna fillet up little fish. I caught a couple of dinky smallmouth and I caught a gar. Not bad for a couple of hours... I will surely hit that area again.

13. yea thats about right the eye might make 1.5 pounds

14. "Landed what I think was atleast a 2.5 pound white bass (pic), and six saugeyes, the eye in the picture was the largest saugeye caught all evening, it was atleast 2 pounds"

I would say you are exactly right 2.5 pound white bass and 2 pound saug.

Nice Catch!

I keep reading about all of this river fishing that I have never done any of, sounds like I better get out of my box and try something new!

15. good catch, it sure beats work

16. It was nice to catch a fish again, it seemed like it had been awhile. Grew up around that fishing hole and finally got the chance to go back.

17. Glad you got out and enjoyed yourself. Nice catch