close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

little italy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peple of the perch, Apr 1, 2005.

1. what is your favriot place to eat in little italy. i like presti's backery

2. The best Italian food around is in Akron at Casa Mimi's. Manchester rd just south or wilbeth--tell em I sent ya!

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My dad grew up on Murray Hill, and as kids we used to hit the Feast of the Assumption...too much good food to pinpoint just one :D

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

if i had to pick one.....presti's

had the good fortune to work right in front of it for a few weeks a few years ago....

fresh, hot pastries and coffee in the morning, then steaming hot, fresh from the oven stromboli for lunch

thats gooooood eats... :p

5. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

MMMMM..... Mama Santos.....Cavatelli :)

6. Primo Vino
    Guarino's
    ... I too had family who lived there Brandon

7. I was the Executive Chef at Porcelli's for 5 years(right across from Presti's)now owned by Antonio Callandra and Rick Selerno, not sure what the heck is goin on down there now but for my money, dinner was at Valerios, and drinks where at Maxi's. If you stop into Maxi's ask for Chef Gilbert(pronounced Jo-Bear)he cooks some mean food and they pour great martinis. Tell him that Chef Kevin sent you

8. ..will do man... THANKS

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i second casa mimi's best italian in akron and well worth the trip from other places too.

10. The Pastry At Corbo's Is The Best! As For Italian Food My Dads House Any Day Of The Week!

11. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Corbos is good too... they used to have good torrone there.... big blocks, not the torroncini you can hardly get 2 chews out of....man i love that stuff....Alecis nearby here in Solon has torroncini....but the box says bon bon nougat....lol

12. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Chef Kevin, so where are you working now?