Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the day off so I decided I would put on a patient face and take my son bassin. We went to a pond that is kids only from dawn till dusk. It was in the middle of the afternoon and wasn't too sure as to how well we would do, and he ended up with 4 in about 30 mins of fishing. He has caught some nice ones this year but this is his biggest to date. It was 4.5 pounds 20 inches long. He was really happy, but then disappointed when he found out it just missed a fish ohio.;) Here are a few pics of some smaller ones he picked up as well. Oh yeah and he wanted to let everyone know he only wore the glove on the big one because the little teeth hurt his hands. All fish were released.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
OUTSTANDING!! Nothing better than taking the kid fishing..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
great fish and pics. so what was he getting them on

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
He caught them all on a weightless rigged Wave worm ( a senko style worm ). He threw a scum frog for a minute and had a hit and miss on that. He had to throw the scum frog because that is his favorite lure. No matter what he has to throw that first.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thats awesome man, I bet he will never forget these days fishing with his dad and will pass the stories along to his kids. keep the reports coming. FFBG

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
hey hey heyy flippin no reason to be pointin fingers at us resthaven guys lol....
and least ur boy has good taste in throwing the scum frog!!! lol great fish man

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it is kids only from dawn till dusk. I think they should keep it that way, otherwise it would probably get over fished. I think it is awesome that kids have th opportunity to catch quality fish like that. Although it does make dad a little jealous.;)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know how long it has been kids only, I play softball there and seen the pond. So I decided to walk over and check it out and I saw the sign.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts