Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smallie addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the youngest fishing on the river Thursday night. We were standing in knee deep water talking about how peaceful it was and enjoying the fact that we were able to get out. I caught a couple of rock bass and was telling her that there could be a 20" smallie sitting in here and you wouldn't even know it, to which she replies, unless you fish it. Couple of minutes go by and she says, this is fun but your catching all the fish. No sooner had she got the words out of her mouth than, Bam. As much as I wanted to help her, I let her do it all herself. Cast, hook, reel and land a beautiful 19" smallmouth. With a smile ear to ear and me beaming with pride, here's a pic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Congrats to her for sure . great to se kids smiles holding a fish

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome...taking my lil girl to the park in obetz tomorrow...I here there are hogs in there...nice catch

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Smallie addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, this was her first test with a lure in the river. With all the rain, we have been going to ponds and lakes practicing casting for gills, crappie and lm. That is her PB obviously, she's beating me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thats a nice fish in anybody's book. Congratulate her on a great catch and I do believe you have a lifelong fishin buddy.

Reminds me of the Trace Adkins song "she thinks we're just fishing"

Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts