close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Little bit of help?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueGumyBear, Jul 13, 2008.

1. BlueGumyBear

BlueGumyBear Fisher Girl

Other than Mosquito and Milton...does anyone know of another lake/pond/etc. that would be good for catfish but still in that general area? Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Mogadore, Walborn, and West Branch just to name three and in that order of quality/quantity.(channels)

3. If you are just looking for a fight and not to eat then try the Mahoning river. I catch tons of catfish out of there. I catch channels on average of 4 to 6 pounders and an occasional Flathead from 5 to 25lbs.

4. where at do you fish? and what do you use for bait?

5. That was fast. lol ^

Dont forget some of the smaller public ponds if any, also farm ponds have some great catfishing. I have caught me biggest cat out of a pond that was about 1/2 a acre.

6. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Nimisilla also used to be a great catfish lake. My biggest channel to date is from there, and that was a good 20 yrs ago. Of course, if you want some monsters, hit the Ohio River. It's not all that far. For me from Canton, it takes about an hour and 10 minutes, and well worth the trip!! Plus, you'll catch stripers, whiteys, smallies, lg mouths, walleye, saugeye, sauger and quite a few more odd fish....paddlefish, gar...you name it, it's in there!!!

7. BlueGumyBear

BlueGumyBear Fisher Girl

Thank you for all the suggestions :)