little beaver smallies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by castmaster00, Sep 26, 2008.

1. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

anyone gotten any good ones from little beaver? i am a smallie finatic and i heard about little beaver creek. said that there was some good fishin up that way and i was wanting to check it out. any advice would be helpful.

2. It is a good smallie creek, we canoe and fish it quite a bit. We have a Little Beaver Creek section on our fishing/canoe site that has alot of good info.

3. WhoolyBugger

WhoolyBugger grateful thread

CM00 , Just returned from a float on the LBC. Great smallie river. Bagged several 15-17'' smallies and a behemoth channel cat. I suggest you give it a try. The state park is a good place to start.

4. castmaster00

where exactly is the state park?

5. castmaster00

6. Just got back from a weekend fishing and camping at Beaver Creek. The scenery was lovely, but the fishing was lousy. We fished in the state park (Echo Dell Rd. bridge and near Gretchen's Lock), as well as some secluded spots on a very rustic trail upstream from Grimm's Bridge in the state forest.

We were after smallmouth, but I caught one each of the following: carp, sheephead, sauger and white bass. Weird, right?

We scouted great locations, and I threw everything I had at them: topwater poppers, black and green woolly buggers, crayfish patterns, light dry flies, etc. Nothing.

Any thoughts?

7. WhoolyBugger

WhoolyBugger grateful thread

Not so weird......Ive caught all of the above plus smallies,cats, and walleye in one day. The creek down by Grimms is only a few miles upstream from the Ohio River and I bet alot of fish come in from there. I absolutely love it down there. Don't feel bad though - fishin was slow up north all weekend for me too.:confused: