Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your point. If you are referring to the google ads, yes they are generated based on message content. I clicked on the first link above but was not presented any options to go to a 'matching-making' site. Can you please clarify?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I'm not positive but I think I know what he's talking about Roger. If you click the link in his original message you will see a post by chauncybear10 about halfway down. In the text of chauncybear's post is the word "love". Apparently on johnboy's computer, the word "love" (and other sexual keywords) appear as hyperlinks (underlined) and they take him to a dating site when he clicks on them.

I'm no expert by any means but it sounds like his computer is infected with some sort of virus/spyware.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been running a spy ware program and I guess it just isn't good enough. i think it's called spybot. I just didn't know what the links were. i thought that maybe they were like the pop-up/unders. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
johnboy111711 said:
I have been running a spy ware program and I guess it just isn't good enough. i think it's called spybot. I just didn't know what the links were. i thought that maybe they were like the pop-up/unders. thanks for the help.
johnboy, you need to update your antispyware software at least once a week. You've been infected by a browser hijacker. Also download Ad Aware HERE. It is 100% free.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts