close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

links found in posts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by johnboy111711, Aug 18, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just clicked on that link and I was not sent to a matchmaker site?

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

here is another thread with two links found within it contents. does anyone else find these? they seem to be on specific words. also, if these are going to be a permanent fixture, should we avoid all links or just some, and how are we supossed to diferentiate between the different types?
    http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=52718#post52718

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I'm not sure I understand your point. If you are referring to the google ads, yes they are generated based on message content. I clicked on the first link above but was not presented any options to go to a 'matching-making' site. Can you please clarify?

6. I'm not positive but I think I know what he's talking about Roger. If you click the link in his original message you will see a post by chauncybear10 about halfway down. In the text of chauncybear's post is the word "love". Apparently on johnboy's computer, the word "love" (and other sexual keywords) appear as hyperlinks (underlined) and they take him to a dating site when he clicks on them.

I'm no expert by any means but it sounds like his computer is infected with some sort of virus/spyware.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's what it is guys...Johnboy is infected, and it has nothing to do with OGF.

Johnboy...you need to download Ad Aware 6 (it's FREE) from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Install it, UPDATE IT, then scan.

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

shakes right and so is net i have seen this on other computers and even my old one.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I have been running a spy ware program and I guess it just isn't good enough. i think it's called spybot. I just didn't know what the links were. i thought that maybe they were like the pop-up/unders. thanks for the help.

10. johnboy, you need to update your antispyware software at least once a week. You've been infected by a browser hijacker. Also download Ad Aware HERE. It is 100% free.

Scott