close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Link to Reel Lady live on ABC in Cleveland

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Man, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

2. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!! you looked good hun and a great plug for OGF at the end..well done!!!

3. Hello Rob
    Marcia Did An Fantastic Job! Way To Go, Great Job In Promoting Our Sport! And Good Luck In Your Endevors!

Tom

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you rock marcia!!.. here's to a few :B in your livewells.. :D

5. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Like they say, "Hindsight is 20/20" :D I know I am my worst critic, but if I could do that interview all over again I would never use the word "UM"... lol I think that I must have "ummed" because I was SO aware of the fact that it was live TV, that it made me a bit.. umm...(lol) nervous :D I knew that once something flew out of my lips, that that was it... no turning back time, no rewind, no erase...
    This was my first time on Live TV... Hopefully I will do better next time!
    I think tomorrows news story will be good because it's pretty much all video footage from my boat. I'm pretty comfy on my boat, so hopefully I didn't say "um" a million times for this story as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that on.
    Maybe I need one of those electric shock collars to wear when I make live TV appearances. Then everytime I say the word "Um", somebody can deliver a nice little shock to me! lol :D
    I'll see you tomorrow night at 6 and 11pm and also saturday between 9-10:30 am on channel 3.

6. How fun is that? Have a wonderful time. Enjoy the journey!

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Don't sweat the "ums", you carried yourself well enough that they weren't noticeable!

Outstanding job, and thanks for the plug! My wife was way jealous too :D

8. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

After giving this MUCH thought.... I have decided to enter as a Boater instead of a non-boater. I weighed out the advantages/disadvantages of of each.
    Here are a few of my reasons for going as a boater....
    1)Guaranteed media exposure for the benefit of my sponsors.
    2)Larger payout (but higher entry fee)
    3) The chance to earn my way to the Women's Bass Championship (same as Men's Bassmaster Classic")
    If I were to go in as a non-boater, there would definitely be limitations because of my entry status.
    If I'm going to pursue this, I'm going into it as fully as I can, because next year, I may have to qualify for this event. I feel that if I let this opportunity pass me, that I would have regrets the rest of my life.
    I know, I don't know the lakes that I will be fishing. But, what I do have is knowledge. I also have access to an abundance of information on the internet, as well as people that have fished these lakes before that may be willing to share some helpful information.
    Hopefully I could put all of that information to good use and have very productive days out on the water. You have no idea how much I would love to do well on a lake that I've never fished on before. To me, that would be an incredible accomplishment :)
    So there you have it... my big news that I've been keeping from you :eek:

9. I thought you did great Marcia! Your ready for the big time now.

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

wooow.. goood news indeed.. i know you'll do well in the tournaments, i have no doubts about that.. :) just don't forget to keep practicing your pingpong skillz though.. :D

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Very cool in deed Girl. You did great!!!

12. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Congrats Marcia, we are all pretty darn proud of ya!!!! Looking foreward to seeing you at the top of the leaderboard on the ESPN site.

flash--------------------------out

13. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Awesome Job Marcia! :D
    We're all proud of you!!! You looked great and carried yourself really well on live TV!
    OK Carl, lets see the tatto ;)

14. You did a great job with the interview Marcia and I really really hope you win the tournament.Good luck:B:B

15. Marcia
    Great job on the interview. Good luck in the tournament and congratulations on having the courage to pursue a dream!!!

Joel

16. I have to say you did much better than I would have. I think a couple of my answers would have been "I don't know." I couldn't even come up with answers sitting here at my desk at work watching the video.

17. Hey Marcia!!!
    That was Awesome!!!! You Done a Great Job!!!!!! And I thought
    it was really Cute too!!!!!! I wish you all the Best and Good Luck... Hang in there Rob!! Stan :)

18. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

Good job Marcia! Don't forget to make a copy of that video for your portfolio! Save everything....this is what sponsors are looking for in their anglers.
    Congrats on your decision...it was a wise move. ;)
    Good luck on the tour Lady!

Juls
    p.s. The "ums" were hardly noticable...don't sweat it.

19. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Some of the best orator's out there today use pause fillers...! Um...is a lot better than Uhh!...it indicates thought. :D
    You made an excellent decision on the boater entry ,too...!

20. I just want to second what everyone else has said here. You did a fantastic job and should be proud. I honestly did not even notice the "ums" until you mentioned it. I am sure you were nervous but it did not show.