Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain went northeast about 4 miles or so...........about Eucild Hospital. Dropped anchor and there we sat, and sat, and sat, and sat. Did I mention we sat there. 91 fish, 16 guys. Nice day on the lake though. Wide range of fish. Lots of bait fish though. I would like to see them work a little harder for the number of guys that were on the boat. I have seen others post on OGF here the same response, so I guess I was warned and now I know.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
There were some pretty big waves yesterday that might of scattered the Perch out a bit. They should of still moved at least once to give the customer the impression they were at least attempting to find some fish. The Linda Mae has been doing quite well the last few weeks...

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have talked to the capt of the linda mae a few times he has given me good information on where to go both via radio and face to face. he has moved if and only if he get some good information. he has moved to where i was at to get his people fish. somedays are simply better then others.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You would think as much perchin they do he would be on top of fish more often.
They did do good for a few weeks,the owner is a ODD ? guy,not always the friendliest.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Captain went northeast about 4 miles or so...........about Eucild Hospital. Dropped anchor and there we sat, and sat, and sat, and sat. Did I mention we sat there. 91 fish, 16 guys. Nice day on the lake though. Wide range of fish. Lots of bait fish though. I would like to see them work a little harder for the number of guys that were on the boat. I have seen others post on OGF here the same response, so I guess I was warned and now I know.
Did you talk to the skipper face to face before getting off the boat about your frustration to find out why he was not on the perch?

·
Registered
132 Posts
The problem with the Linda mae is that its a slow boat! It can take 45mins + to get to where the fish are,especially if they are in 45-50 fow. On a 5-6 hour charter people certainly don't want to spend 2 hours riding. Not making excuses for them because I don't particularly care for their services, even when buying bait the lady at the counter acts annoyed when asking general info. Not good business in my opinion. I check their website daily, which I appreciate but 3-4 days of limit catches is not very impressive over an entire summer. JMO

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Igmire I have a question and I've been wanting to ask, out of the 91 fish that were caught of 16 fishermen, did it seem like maybe 10% of the guys caught all the fish and the rest of the people were just the inexperienced and women or children? Just wondering.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
I checked a number of charter captains and perch fishing was very slow which happens every so often. Linda Mae has been doing quite well for over a week and I'm sure there were fish on his sonar or he would have moved. If any of you know of a way to turn the fish on, by all means share or sell the secret. It's called fish'n, not catch'n. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I checked a number of charter captains and perch fishing was very slow which happens every so often. Linda Mae has been doing quite well for over a week and I'm sure there were fish on his sonar or he would have moved. If any of you know of a way to turn the fish on, by all means share or sell the secret. It's called fish'n, not catch'n. :rolleyes:
Very well said

·
Registered
30 Posts
i ent out a couple of weeks ago fishing with my. on eh Linda Mae. i have fished slot over my years for different things but never for perch it was also my sons first time fishing for perch.. there were 20 of us and 13 people caught their limit including me and my son. we had a a blast. yes it is called fishing not catching would go again and yes the boat is slow and took forever to get out. we were at moss point it seem to take an hour to get there i would go again for sure

·
Registered
592 Posts
Shortdrift I agree you can't turn the fish on. If we have fish on the screen and they have lockjaw we try it for a while to see if they will turn on and if not we move to another spot where the fish might be more active. We never stay in the same spot all day over a pod of fish and hope they will turn on.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I read a report fro the Linda Mae a few weeks ago. It went something like this. " 25 people on board. Caught 420 perch. 13 people caught their limit."
My math skills translate that into ---13 x 30 = 390. The 12 other people on the boat caught a combined 30 perch.
Read between the lines for my thoughts.

·
Take a Dad fishing
364 Posts
We went out with the LM last month and me and Father-N-Law didn't catch one perch. Not one! Only about 25 for the entire boat. We moved three times. Just wasn't happening that day.

Couple weeks ago we went again and killed them! We both took our limit and there were a lot of throwbacks. Way more than 400 total for the boat.

Some days you enjoy the water, wind and company and other days you don't even have time to eat a sammy because you can't take your hand off the rod!

It's all good.

·
Lure Junkie
2,220 Posts
Perch fishing most guys take as shooting fish in a barrel....Especially in the fall...while most days you can do extremely well, there are days when they just do not want anything to do with what you got on your line....

You cannot gauge a good day of fishing by the amount of fish in the cooler...However if you sat in one place without any additional attempt at a new spot I would simply call it lazy. As Rod Bender pointed out sometimes 100ft makes a huge difference...

·
Registered
386 Posts
A-Men!!!:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tibbels, Fishermans Wharf have top shelf crews, they also like to fish. Last time on Linda Mae we did not move, capt didn't fish first mate never stopped talking

·
Registered
439 Posts
I read a report fro the Linda Mae a few weeks ago. It went something like this. " 25 people on board. Caught 420 perch. 13 people caught their limit."
My math skills translate that into ---13 x 30 = 390. The 12 other people on the boat caught a combined 30 perch.
Read between the lines for my thoughts.
I believe that can happen because over the years I have fished many times on a prech head boat. I have seen people that didn't know what they just caught, didn't know how to reel their pole or bait their hook, only took worms because that is what they caught them with at their favorite lake and my favorite, spraying WD40 on their minnows or dipping them in their friends secret formula.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts