close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LimeWire?

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Nov 9, 2007.

1. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I dont know if anyone has it but i was wondering why i cant connect? I try to and it doesnt do anything? Any help would be awesome! :confused:

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

got another Q on how to get songs you have downloaded from limewire to save on ur pc? thanks

3. wish i could help, haven't used limewire before

4. where & what kind of fishin you do mostly?

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

a little off topic but i fish everywhere for everything :)

6. My daughter just downloaded it for me to get some christmas songs shes gettin her hair done now but if you are around later she will probably explain it to ya.

7. On your computer it automatically saves the songs to a folder go: My computer, Local Disk (C: ), Documents and Settings, Goto the user in which you use or administrator, and a folder should say "shared".

If it isn't connecting sometimes you just have to reinstall the program or restart your computer.

Hope that helps you a little bit.
    ________
    Toyota Corolla specifications

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  8. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

i use lime wire , have any questions message me.

9. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

i dont know if you have a firewall on or not but it has to be off for you to beable to connect

10. start ->settings -> control panel -> security ->Windows firewall -> if firewall is enabled go to settings and allow limewire to connect.

If you use a different firewall like Symantec or McAfee you'll need to go into the settings within those programs and allow limewire.

11. I just downloaded limewire on my computer and it wont open.
    This message is coming up "Limewire was unable to initiate and start. This is usually due to a firewall program blocking LimeWire's access to the internet or loopback connections on the local machine. Please allow LimeWire access to the internet and restart Limewire."
    I went to my control panel and turned off the firewall protection and it still wouldnt open. I uninstalled Limewire and tried installing it again with firewall protection off and this message still comes up.
    Does anyone know what the problem is, how to fix it?

12. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

moved to computer talk...

13. Have fun reformatting your computer after you load it with virii and malware from limewire downloads.

I wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot pole.

14. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

What happened to donkeys post??? I was wondering how to use that pirate software

15. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Come on, you didn't think we'd allow that to stand did you? Please refer to the forum rules.