close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lima Area

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CountryKat, Apr 13, 2004.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Anyone want to brave the rain and cold and try to get some cats this afternoon? Send me a email or give me a call 419-224-0478 Ask for Jim

2. well how did ya do? looking to get out this weekend, hopefully the bite is on somewhere

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Not A Bite, and I now have a cold :mad:

4. thats not good, they are calling for high 70s low 80s this weekend, better get well soon

where do you go cattin at? I bought a nice catfishin pole this winter and would like to try it out, but I am not very experienced on cattin. Closest I get to catfishin is using a worm under a slip cork, and gettin lucky.

Would like to hear any info you have around here, what you use , where to go, etc....

If you go out this weekend let me know, maybe I can tag along.....

5. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I looked in your profile for your location but I couldn't find anything. If your in the Lima area we can definitely get together sometime and catch some kitties. Check out the post I did in the catfish forum about bait.

6. I am in Columbus Grove, but just moved out of Lima last year. I usually go out to Lima lake and catch trout. I don't have a boat so I am limited.

let me know when you think you might get out.

7. It's really nice to have a lima forum. could never figure out whether i was in nortwest ohio or central ohio on other forums. Harvested a few trout my self last weekend and released some really small perch caught at lima lake. Heasrd schoonovers is giving up quite a few trout . I hope the fishing gets as good as lima lake as when it was the called the infirmary. (That's for us old guys)

8. I have caught a lot of nice trout from Lima Lake, but never had much luck with schoonovers. I know they just released the trout for the year not too long ago at both places.

Whenever I go to LL, I just get some minnows and throw em out under a slip cork and usually catch a few trout, and sometimes others like white bass.

Now that I live up here I have mainly been fishing the Ottawa reservoir, but would like to come down and fish somewhere. With the weather so nice it might even be worth a trip down to indian lake to see if the white bass are running by the covered bridge yet.

9. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I have to work all weekend so it's a no-go for the next few days. I seen a bunch of people at fergusons the other day in the front corner.

10. went to indian lake south bank jigging for eyes limited out just a lil after dark seemed like all the crowd left then they turned on