close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

like new 78 open bow

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by ress, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ress

ress

0   0   0

Just decided to list my boat here first. 1978 Somerset, 19.7 ft. It has the 228 merc. (305ci.), tandem axle aluminum trailer with serge brakes. I went hog wild in 04 when restoring it, to the tune of - over $10,500. I had it surveyed and have it insured for same. You name it~ it's been done. New paint, by Brand's in Port Clinton, interior, carb rebuillt, engine checked out, all this done to the highest standards. One might think I was nutts, but I was tring to get the family involved in boating with out having boat payments. We used the boat as a project together. If I could get close to $7000, then someone else will be getting a awesome family boat cheaper than what a new one cost. (may trade for 85-92 z28 of same value) e-mail for more info.

2. ress

ress

0   0   0

Does this price seem too high? I would take less if any offers are made.

3. OakLane

OakLane

0   0   0

It seems higher than a giraffes testicals.The market is saturated with open bow run-abouts. Many late model and many priced in the $3-$5K range.

Not to mention a bank would not touch a loan for a 1978 open bow with a ten foot pole. So unless you find a guy itching to buy a 1978 Somerset in bristol condition,with seven grand in cash, you may be waiting a good long while.

My two cents worth.

Rich

4. ress

ress

0   0   0

Yea that's what I was thinking, but not sure if there might be someone out there that likes the classic look rather than the modern style. Thanks to all that looked.