close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lighting problem.

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Ducknut, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Ducknut

Ducknut Duck Enemy #1

I have a 2003 Lowe Seanymph Deep V center console 16' boat.

The post lights are by Perko. The bow light is a Perko three pin female receiver. I have lost the light. I purchased an Atwood bow light at Bass Pro in Cinci last week. It says that it works in all three and two pin receivers.

I put it on the boat and it does not work. Upon inspection, I found that the light does have three pin holes, but only two have contacts.

Here is the question- Is it a defective light (I have changed the bulbs with a known working bulb) or will this this light not work in the Perko receiver? The dilema is that in order to exchange it to see if the light is defective, I will have to drive four hours to Cincinnati. I would hate to exchange it when it is not the light, but the compatability.

Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

If you have a meter test the two pins to make sure they have power to them, one is hot the other is ground,this is on the base mount if that is hot then test your bow light pole, remove the bulb and test for continuity at the base of the pole and where the light gets bayonetted in, those things can get kind of tricky, sometimes you have to wiggle them around for them to make the correct grounding, hitting waves on the water puts some major stress on them, other thing you may check is look down inside the base unit and make sure the contact pins haven't broken in two, I had that happen on year the other half was laying down in the base.