Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an older bass boat that lacks any lighting outside of navigational lights. I tend to do a lot of night fishing, so I thought as a winter project I might add some lighting for night fishing.

Any deck lighting kits or surface lights you guys recommend? Most "kits" that I've come across don't seem to have everything I would need, such as dimmer switch, connectors, sufficient wire, fuses, etc.

Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I want to add some LED rope lighting below the gunwale band in my boats this winter for bass fishing. One of the guys I fish with did this to his boat that he keeps down @ Laurel Lake, KY & he's pleased with the results. I don't think his lights are able to be dimmed & I'm not sure where he got his materials. I still use my black lights with the suction cup feet but wanted something that was permanently installed. Mike

·
Get the net!
566 Posts
I got thr bass pro shops led light strips with sticky taoe and same thing no switches, no wires, and no fuses, and dimmers YEA RIGHT! I figured it all out myself, bought togle switches, black and red wire, and ordered in line fuses and got some 20 amp in line fuses. Costed a little more than i expected, but figured it out and lit my boat up. Its not rocket science.
But i still likedmy head lamp way more than all this hard wired led light. In my opinion a good head lamp is all you need for night fishing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I would definitely want a dimmer switch so I could control the brightness, as I was going to go with red for deck lighting and I'm undecided on gunwale lights. I don't mind using a head lamp, but sometimes it's hard to net/land a good sized cat at night without more substantial lighting.

·
Get the net!
566 Posts
Check out Cisco fishing. They specialize in fishing rod holders, but also have a LED fishing light that is great for landing fish at night. I got one and use it for walleye night fishing, and only use it for landing big eyes. I gurantee you it will help with landing big cats at night, its a great light. And their products are made in Cleveland,OH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I got it wrapped up! I went with the bluewater leds and put a dimmer on each circuit to make sure the lights were comfortable. Red on the deck and uv lights in the rub rail. Installation was very easy and Im happy with how it looks. Excited to get back on the night bite!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Headlanp with red light option switch. Does not bother my night vision. Works for me while fishing and the while light is all I need when retrieving the boat. KISS

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Headlanp with red light option switch. Does not bother my night vision. Works for me while fishing and the while light is all I need when retrieving the boat. KISS
Shortdrift - I hear you on the white/red headlamp! That's what I've used in the past as well. I'm hoping this set up will help me detect bites and also help net/land fish once I've hooked up. The head lamp is certainly practical and much more economical.
P.S. - I love your signature line "Thanks to Dad for teaching me how to fish". My 2 year old son already enjoys short outings. Hopefully one day he will look back and say the same.
Tight lines!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Got a little square led light at Harbor freight for free that's perfect. push it once for on , push it again it dims , once more off again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts