close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lifting Eye

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by multi species angler, Jun 20, 2008.

1. I'm looking to buy a lifting eye for a 1987 80 hp Mercury. It looks like a piece of 1 1/4" diameter x 2" long pipe nipple with about a heavy 3" diameter ring welded to it. It is used to thread into the top of the flywheel and then hook your shop crane hook into the 3" ring to lift and manuver the 265lb motor. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated........Thanks, Tony

2. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

I have one new never used with a lenght of chain that I would sell. Do you know if they are all the same size. I bought one for my 1996 200 Merc but never used it

3. I'll check around to see if they are the same size. Can you post a picture? How much do you have to have for it?.......Tony

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

I dont have any time to post pics right now. I am doing a Honey do list so I can head to Erie for a few days. Will be back Wed. If you cant wait that long I understand

5. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

0   0   0

The lifting eyes are all the same thread. They can be orded from your local Merc dealer. Last time I bought one it was about $34. The thread pitch is Mercurys own. If I remember right its a 17 NEF. (national extra fine).
    Raider

6. Bob4246

Bob4246

0   0   0

Check ebay motors under "outboard motor parts". I used to see them on there all the time.

7. A local dealer told me that they could order me one for $31.00 and change, but I'm not a marine mechanic that will use this often. I'll use it maybe once or twice so I hate to pay that much for it. I'll wait and see what Orlando has and check his price. Thanks Again, Tony

8. HappySnag

HappySnag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

get heavy angle ayern burn two holes with torch and you have lifting hok,use washers with bolt to tite that to motor.
    steve

9. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

0   0   0

HappySnag, thats THE most stupid IDEA I,ve ever seen posted! MSA,Spend the $35 and get the correct lifting eye. HappySnag, people like you piss me off.
    Do everyone a favor, shut up and move on!!!!
    Takes alot for me to post a comment like this but, 99.9% of the people at OGF are smarter than to use your crap rig and dump their motor on the floor!
    You are the.1% that would do such an ignorant lift! MSA, I,ll send you a lifting eye to borrow if you would like, and Iv,e never met you. Just send it back when your done. Raider.

10. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

0   0   0

What I would want for mine with shipping you might as well order one from the dealer. Take up LakeRaiders offer

11. bountyhunter

bountyhunter

0   0   0

I just had my 115 merc lifted and reset at VIC"S $80.bucks they moved the motor cleaned out the old sealer and reset the motor resealed . if the eye cost about $40, dollars .why do the work and take a chance of dropping it .

12. My motor is in my garage and not on a boat. Thanks for the over LakeRaider, I'll let you know. I really appreciate your willingness to do that, not many would. Tony

13. Thanks again for the offer but I ordered the one I mentioned from a local dealer. Thanks for all replies. Tony