close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lifespan calculator

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, Mar 21, 2005.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

This is interesting, you have to submit an email and it will work. Click here

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've got 38 years to go. Not to bad.

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I only have 4 years left ! I better get some fishin in , FAST ! :D

4. i died 4 and a 1/2 weeks ago

5. I was: Live to 81.5 years then good bye, off to the great fish land above.

They didn't ask about my 4 bypasses. The heart valve repacement and my PSA numbers.

I'm mad they said I was overweight. This test is flawed

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

The test said I was severly over weight. I agree it is flawed. I have alittle belly, but am not fat by any means.

7. I guess I should let you all know where to send the flowers..... :(

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i agree,reel :rolleyes:
    they didn't mention a few of my "conditions" either(which killed me twice,almost 5 years ago),but it said i died only a year ago :confused:

9. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I got 12 years left by slightly stretching the truth. :eek:

10. mrfishohio

Rick, when I met you 5 years ago you told me you were on borrowed time. It gave me an estimate of 75 years, I know the side smoke exposure has to be a big culprit. It factors in meat, chips, etc. I get hardly no exercize either, I bet it's a pretty good calculator, sort of like an actuary table the insurance companies use. When you look at your bad habits, eating habits, weight, etc, they all take a toll, not to mention family history, my mother died at 73 my dad will be 83 in May. Anyway, I thought it was interesting and if nothing else, provided an insight to some of the things we ought to do, like exercize, eat right, stay away from smoke exposure. Eat less meat with nitrates in it.

11. I have 18 more years and may not see retirement hmnmnmn
    I think this is one of those scarred straight kind of deals
    and it does not take into account the changes I have made
    in my life for the better health wise sniff sniff :(

12. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Somebodys smokin crack. :D
    It says I'll live to be 93, That aint happenin :D :D
    Me and old age just don't go together. :eek: :D

13. I`m 35 now and Looks like i`ll be around till i`m 52.3....... sorta shot the retirement party in the butt.Maaaaannnnnn this sucks!!!!

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey bubba,
    just throw the party early :D
    that's what i do..................just in case ;)

15. mrfishohio

I just went to a funeral of a 60 year old friend on Wed last week who had lung cancer, 3 packs a day of Marlboros didn't help him any........
    Have buried a 44 year old & 53 Year old friends too, both in the same year, when I was 44 (9 years ago).

16. I have half my life ahead of me according to this test.:) It did not say which half was going to be better though.:D I tested at 82.3 years.

There are a lot of good helpful facts in this test. However, there are also so things that don't make any sense. The BMI (body mass indicators) always list me as overweigth and even obese in some cases. I am 5'9" and 185 pounds. I could maybe drop 5-10 pounds before I started shedding muscle and feeling sickly skinny. I exercise quite often and I know nobody that I exercise with would consider me overweight. I think they list the optimal weight for my height at 155#.:eek: Even when I was in high school and at the fittest time of my life I was well beyond that. I saw one BMI calculator that indicated that I would have to drop 60# before I was considered underweight. That is a third of my body weight. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, this test does serve as a good reminder of some of the things which I have not been taking care of properly. Therefore, it was a good test for me to do.

17. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Seems I will live to be 64.1 y/o. I think that will be the record for the longest lived member of my family! :rolleyes: :( I am just a little over half way to dead.

bill

18. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

it said i will die at 88.1 years of age. not bad, a little less than average for my family but i'll take it.

19. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I didn't get an answer, it just said "Don't buy any green bananas". :confused: