Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the river around noon yesterday. Started with a 1/2 oz spinnerbait. It took me about two minutes to catch the first smallmouth, around 13 inches. There was another one at least 3 inchers larger trying to beat the spinner out of his mouth. Waded upstream for about four hours and caught about 20 more, biggest around 17 inches. Caught about 7 of these on the spinner and the rest on a paddle tail grub. Most of the fish caught had one or two others fighting for the lure. Waded back downstream around 4:30 when I switched to a small buzzbait. Caught about 10 on the buzzbait, had about 20 misses. What a blast! Fish were trying to destroy the buzzbait. Easily my best trip ever on the Licking.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,688 Posts
what part of the licking ? going there today after work and will let you if it will good to me. :)

·
Just practicing my cast
4,688 Posts
Bone, just got back and we have the same starting point but I go down stream. Did not do as good as you did but I did get9.5 smallies 4 rock bass and 1 creek chub the smallies ranged from 3= my .5 to 14 lets hook up and fish the licking I know you and I must have some killer spots and techiques that we can share info on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts