LIARS or FIBBERS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRAPPIE LOVER, Mar 22, 2008.

1. ....Are we Liars or tellers of little white lies....Was talking to a fishing buddy the other day....mentioned about the big sale comming up...Land Big Fish on March 29...told him about a rod I saw in there sale ad....big ears My Wife was listening....her remark was do you need all that stuff...mine was just talking....got too have that rod.. just counted rods in the rod rack...15 ready too go....I know when I get back from the show I'll have that new rod...and god only knows what else...Is this a lie or a little fib...Honey I needed this....
    And we all do this no exceptions....Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

NO.....................it is called creative embellishment of the facts:D

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Or selective amnesia. Maybe you FORGOT about 11 of the 15 rods you own. :D :D

4. just go in and start counting her shoes when you get back...she'll forget all about the rods

5. BigV

BigV BigV

It’s the same way with firearms…
    That’s why I invested in a big gun safe. Buy the gun; wait until nobody’s around and in the safe it goes. Once there it just “blends in” with the rest.

Perhaps someone should market a rod safe with an optional easy access reel safe and secret compartments for spoons and such…

6. Tim Allen said it best ; women call it lying, men call it bull $hitting !!

7. i never, NEVER, lie.

8. We have a guy that we work with that told the truth once, but then he lied his way out of it!

9. BigV

BigV BigV

I firmly believe in the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.
    If she don’t ask, I’m not telling!

10. You do not HAVE to lie. Just reply if you are going to count my rods. I get to count your pairs of SHOES.

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

My girlfriend thinks that my semi-new Lund is my old boat that I had painted for fifty bucks.

She's on a need to know basis. I tell her what I think she needs to know.

12. Sounds like somebody is SCARED! :p

I agree that sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission...that is if she finds out! ;)

Tim

13. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I don't know about you guys, but it's gets harder and harder for me to deny, as the UPS or FedEx guy shows up here about once a week. (One time they both showed at the same time!) :D

14. Fedex and UPS merged. Name of new company.

FedUP

15. A friend of mine at work sold me a 1187 black synthetic 12 ga. with only one box of shells thru it. I needed another duck hunting gun like, well u know, and I told her for $300 bucks, how can I not by it.;)

16. i guess im a lucky one, me and the wifey really dont go all out on x-mas for each other cause we would rather get for our son and family, so when income tax comes around we both set a limit and both of us usually go a lil over but its all goods cause we get the things we need or want. so it works out quite well for me LOL plus shes a fisherwoman so the fishing equip and materials i need she usually uses so i get to buy extra throughout the year.

17. I'm just afraid that if I die first my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.:D

18. I practice "selective omission", I select the parts of the story to omit. common omissions are price, quantity, etc. Its not lying, its just not the whole truth. Once things make it into the rod rack or on my shelves it just blends in with the rest. Always pay cash or your bank/credit statement will tell the tale.

Fav line- "How much did it cost?"...."The price on the price tag":D

Jake

19. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I don't lie, etc..

I'm pretty fortunate.

My wife considers my spending money on fishing stuff to be an investment on her being able to keep me around longer.(dropping over dead)

This is because she knows fishing is a big stress reliever for me. :B

20. Preaching to the chior! AMEN!