Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..is amazing

My reel crank handle has been loose for awhile, and I have noticed that the nut or crank shaft threads might be stripped. I was fishing last night, and thought I had the handle tight, and caught a LM bass and it got loose again. I was on the phone with Lew's Rick Collins WHILE fishing and he helped me realize the threads were indeed stripped. I asked what the charge was for repair (replace crank shaft) and he said he'd do it under warranty. I asked if it was still under warranty and he said "those reels have only been out for just over a year, close enough."

This has me sold on Lew's. I already knew they made great reels but now I know they are a complete company. Sending the reel in asap and will be buying more reels for sure!

·
Registered
771 Posts
i know their reels got rave reviews on inshore fishing by me...i went to go buy one, but they were out of stock, so i ended up with a shimano. but im glad to hear that their customer service is awesome. might end up being my next reel.

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
Had a rough spot when cranking in line. Thought it just might need grease so i took it apart and added some. Next trip out it did the same thing. Took it apart to check the gears. They looked okay but there was a piece of plastic from the inside caseing that was wedgeing in the gears. Took it completely apart and saw that the inside caseing was broken. Emailed them and told them my problem and they said to just send it in, in the box it came in and they'd repair or replace it. One week later i got a reel back. I had already replaced it with a Daiwa but now i have a backup if i need to replace any of my reels.

·
Super Moderator
3,988 Posts
Are you gents using the SpeedSpool Spinning reels??
I like them alot, they seem like a very tough reel. Glad to hear they back a good product with good cust serv.

I want to add a Lews cranking reel to my aresonal in the future

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:

Got my reel back on Wednesday (8/7) so it took just over a week to ship, repair, ship and it works like new! Great customer service!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pushin' Tin
4,518 Posts
I am using the speed spool tournament MG baitcaster....best reel ive used yet
Those are what I have. I'd put them up against my $299 gen 1 revo premiere as far as performance goes. The revo is lighter, but not $170 lighter.... Lews got it right!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Lew's,,are THE BEST reels I have ever owned,,HANDS DOWN!! I have NEVER paid more than $125 for a spinning reel,,& unless Lew's starts charging more for theirs,,I will never have to..:) Great value!! 30 + year loyal customer.. ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<----- Last one I bought was $65,,& WELL worth it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.