Ohio Game Fishing banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Trying to pull it in!!!!
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next few months I plan on letting go of my dads MASSIVE fishing collection. Unfortunately the days of enjoying Mogadore together has come to a slow halt. Over the years he has acquired a TON, literally, a ton of fishing items from poles to tackle and I will be looking to sell these items. He does not have any electronic items rather OLD wooden baits as well as new baits. If there is something particular you are looking for PM me and I will do my best to see if I have it and arrange a price. Please be patient as I have months of work ahead of me as I sort through all his 4 bay stacks of items. seriously

Reactions: 40xmax

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
With as many items you’re talking about you’d probably be better off having an auction. Then let us know where, when. Just a suggestion.

·
Trying to pull it in!!!!
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With as many items you’re talking about you’d probably be better off having an auction. Then let us know where, when. Just a suggestion.
Unfortunately Pole the idea was tossed around however my mom has put a stop to that stating ABSOLUTELY NOT as she does not want " deemed individuals scoping the place out"" I get it and completely understand so we are respecting her wishes and not having any auctions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can take it to auction house on Arlington Street and I think there's still one on Massillon Road there are several round

·
Trying to pull it in!!!!
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can take it to auction house on Arlington Street and I think there's still one on Massillon Road there are several round
I knew of the one up from Killian but it closed, did it move or are you referring to Kinko's ?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
I would start with rods and reels then start on tackle boxes and lures. Segregate by species when possible.

With Corona, live auctions not possible for a while.

·
Trying to pull it in!!!!
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Set up an online auction there is an auctioneer in Coshocton that does this his name is Shawn Dotsie he is on FB
The family is working with Ohio Navigation and Technology and so far they have been fantastic. They have a veteran (my dad was a Korea and Vietnam Vet) program and its really nice.. I just know this is gonna take a long time as there is soooo much.. With the Cov19 I figured now is the time to start tacke..ling this...(sorry bad pun)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My best fishing buddy is a widower. We have fished together since 60s. Fishing was his thing he had tons of rods, reels and lures and three boats. Well he’s in Rest Home with Alzheimer’s. Family decided to have the stuff auctioned against my advice. Long story short they didn’t do well. Even on this forum guys are tight. They don’t want to pay $2 for a plug. The way to get top dollar is cut someone a deal to sell it for you. If you try to blow it out quick you will take a beating. This isn’t the time in history for auctions.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
don,t think he,s in a rush, I,ve seen auctions bring way more than new price. sit back and smell the flowers for a bit.[ p.s just how do you find some one to make a deal for you[how do you know they know what there doing?]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.