close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets see your personal best channel cat

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Jul 28, 2005.

1. My personal best was 33 inches and I turned it loose without taking any pictures as i had no idea that a channel that large was a true trophy. The potlicker chomped down on my fingers when I grabbed him by the jaw and it really hurt! :( Had a heck of a time getting him to CR me :D until I put him back in the water. :) Now I wish I would have taken a picture. :rolleyes:

2. wish i could post pic of the one i got with shortdrift.it was nice. how much did it weigh flathunter,thats a great looking fish!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

It was 14.1-lbs husky.

4. Husky got one just over 13# when we were out on Attwood. :)

5. thanks both of you. my best channel was 16 lbs out of nimisilla back in 73.also my best crappie 18 3/4 those were the good ol days.

6. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

Here is my 36 inch Channel Cat.
    [​IMG]

7. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I dont catfish much but this one is my personal best. 11.02# on a my scale.

[​IMG]

I sure know it doesnt compair to what some of the good folks here have caught but it is my best no the less. It was caught on 12 # test and boy did it stretch every bit of that line. Was a great fight.

8. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Don't have a picture of my PB channel cat but it only wieghed 10lbs.

9. I dont have a pic of mine yet cause I havent used up the disposible camera yet...lol...But I caught it a couple weeks ago in the morning fishing one of my favorite spots on the tusc river...It was 12lbs...

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nice Post Buddy,

Hey, I'd love to see a pic of my PB Channell Cat, too bad YOU DROPPED IT INTO LAKE LOGAN BEFORE TAKING THE PICTURE!!!!!

:D That was the 1st decent fish eithe rof us had caught in the 3 years we've been fishing together! That thing had to be at elast 14 pounds right? ;) (Okay well, just over 10.)

11. Gotta agree with you on this being a good thread. :) Dumping the fish befor taking a picture is almost as bad as my cutting Husky's head off when I took the picture of him and the 13+# channel at Attwood. :eek: If you think about it, the picture without Husky's face isn't all that bad. :p ;)

12. flathunter

Bryan, I forgot all about that!

13. H2O Mellon

Now thats funny Shortdrift!

You guys should have seen Jacks face as the cat slipped out of his hands! It was Classic.

14. H2O Mellon

This says 12lb Channel. I had to think when it was caught, it was real early this spring on the Sciot at a place Jack 7 i call "The Death Drop". We must have used Jacks scale, to me it looks like a 9-10, but it must have hit 12. I dont think Jack or I either one lie about fish, maybe its the camera/pic angle or something.

[​IMG]

15. First one is my fishing buddy ...... Ken.... the Big one.

Second is mine ......... still nice...... also 42" inch Pike from same trip.

Attached Files:

16. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

If I remember correctly this one was slightly over 20. Caught on live chub @ Cowan Lake 3 years ago. Haven't seen one over 5 this year.

Attached Files:

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

not my best,but it's one of the few i have pics of.don't know the weight either,since my camera/net man didn't have a scale.in fact he also forgot the net,and had a time boating him for me :rolleyes: :D

[​IMG]

18. H2O Mellon

Rick, thats a nice looking cat.

19. flathunter

Brayn, that was caught at the rock ledge fool, see the trees beside you!!!!!!!..It was the same night we caught the 10 fish, geez you cant remember anything!