close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lets hear where you hunt ...

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by atrkyhntr, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Howdy All ...
    I hunt SE Ohio the most but also hunt NE East too...
    Morgan, Noble and Muskingum Counties still have some great hunting :D

2. I hunt Wayne,Ashland , Richland and Holmes Counties........Rich

3. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana and hopefully Athens this deer season

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Athens County

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

6. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Ottawa, and Erie counties....Milan area and little portage and tousaint.

Mitch

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Ross county mainly.

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

portage co and noble co cauldwell and any place else i have the chance to name the place and i will be their..........jim

9. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Morrow, Knox, Delaware, Union and Fairfield for the time being. One of these days I'll get some down by my new area. :) Too good of hunting though not to go to my usual spots.

10. Clark, Greene, Fayette - not as dense, but produce large bodied deer with tremendous head gear.

11. Here in Columniana Co., I have 67 acres of my own, but also hunt Highlandtown and a couple of sportsman's clubs that I belong to. We bought a cottage at Atwood Lake last year and I hope to find some hunting within less than an hour's drive from it.

Also go to PA to a friend's camp and will be making a trip to Wisconsin for grouse this year.

12. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Trumbull, Ashtabula, and a little piece of Lake County. Once a year to either North Dakota (sharptail grouse, ducks, pheasant) or Minnesota (ruffed grouse, woodcock). Going to Minnesota second week in October to hunt the Chippewa National Forest. Evil brush and bird cover.

13. Whatever land i can sneek into. No just messing with you, i got plenty of nice land with nice deer in Pike county

14. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My sister and brother-in-law have 80 acres in Coshocton. I do my hunting there.

15. Gallia an Lawrence county.The strip mines. for Ohio .The week before I go home to Webster Springs West Virginia.For the bucks only week.And go back for a few does In late December

16. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Hocking Co. We own a trailor that backs up to Wayne National Forest and also have a friend that has 1000 acre farm he lets me hunt on. Kim, where in Athens Co. Are you? We are just North of the Co. line off 595.

17. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Dale,

33 to 50 past OU towards Lake Snowden but before you get to it. County Rd 17.

Maybe we can hook up for dinner or a drink one night. I always stay in Athens for the entire week.

18. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Yep, maybe we could get together in Nelsonville. That way we could check out the annex at Rocky's :D Phones may not work there but before we go we can plan a time and day to meet.

19. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Switzerland County. East Enterprize.400 acre old tobacco farm no longer farmed. Home of the BIG ones. Wish I could get one! :( LakeRaider<><>

20. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i'm pretty lucky in the fact that i have alot of land right out my back door that i can bow or gun hunt.the farmer that i bought my house from doesn't let anyone but me hunt the ground and late in gun week it makes for some good hunting.all of the surrounding farms get hunted pretty hard and it pushes alot of the deer onto the farm i live on.
    i do hunt in vinton county after the 1st day.we have a camp down there and the boys get together for a week of hunting and hell raising!
    hey lundy,i know the area you hunt.my advisor at o.u. use to live out that way.i use to live south of athens about 5 miles east of shade.there was some very good grouse and deer hunting down there back in the late 70's and early 80's.the rainbow inn just south of athens was one of my favorite watering holes.