close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

let's hear it,peanut butter lovers

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by misfit, Dec 28, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ok,i confess.i'm a peanut butter nut.over the years i've used it in several recipes including cakes,icings,cookies,fudge,etc.
    but i also like to get a little creative or silly,whichever you choose;)
    as in peanut butter hamburgers,peanut butter/chopped ham sandwiches,pb/bananas/honey to dip crackers in,chocolate peanut butter malts,grilled pb&j,grilled pb&j with chocolate and bananas and on and on.
    one of my favorite lunchtime meals is peanut butter chicken noodle soup.
    this stuff really makes my tummy smile:D
    just fix a box of mrs. grass chicken noodle(i think it's the best) soup per diections.when done,whisk in one egg with a fork till it's cooked.
    throw a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter in the mix and stir till it melts completely.
    now,load it up with (only) ritz crackers and dive in:D

so let's hear some of your pb concoctions.

2. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

My favorite snack...........dipping carrot sticks in peanut butter, Yummy :) WB

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I sure love peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i could never aquire a taste for raw carrots,but maybe a little pb on them would change my mind:D

bd,gotta put a little chocolate in whith the pb amd marshmallow and
    make the sammys with cinnamon graham crackers;)

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

although i don't care for it at all,the guys at deer camp ALWAYS eat their garlic bread with peanut butter on it!
    personally i think it just ruins a perfectly good piece of garlic bread but to each their own!:)

btw,the only time you'll see me with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is when it's beside a big bowl of chili soup.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.jeff.you kinda got it with the chili.great combo.try dropping some pb in the chili too:D

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

PB and Chicken soup:eek: You are probably the only person in the world to eat that! LOL

I just like a PB toast with a good cup of tea for a snack.

8. Peanut butter and fried balogna on toasted rye.:)

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

oh yeah..........pb and bologna.more good stuff.

toxic,the orientals are onto the peanut and chicken thing.lots of their recipes include peanuts in one form or another,and that's some good stuff:)
    i'm sure my oldest son can add to the list.he and his oldest inherited the pb bug from me and he loves "creative cooking":D

oh,can't forget the peanut butter pie.those amish recipes are dynamite.

10. jeffmo

now,i'm not one to habitually knock something without trying it BUT,that doesn't sound like it could be good even if you layed a $50 bill on top of it.:D :D

11. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Drop the jelly...just a ton of PB on bread and you have one of my favorites!

12. Either on a spoon out of the jar, or on hot toast.

13. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i made a peanut butter vinaigrette dressing before just playing around and i was really suprised how good it was, use a blender to mix it. ive had it a few time after that. humm, maybe i'll have make more..i made peanut butter coleslaw before too, it wasn't bad, but wasn't that big of a hit either:( :confused: :(

14. jeffmo

okay,i have to admit that peanut butter struesel pie does make me NOT care about trying to lose weight.my sister makes it for me every Christmas and i eat it like i'm going to the electric chair!!:D :D

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hahaha.decided to come out of the closet did we?:D
    that pie sounds too good.

16. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I have PB and bacon on toast w/ OJ every morning driving to work.

And the ONLY real PB is Jif.

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

ditto on the jif.but i do like a good all natural pb when i find some.
    for a quick breakfast i like toast slathered with butter and bb,covered in sugar with milk poured over it:)

18. BigDaddy300

Funny coincedences happening here Misfit. I rarely go to the grocery store and it just so happened that I went yesterday. We needed jelly and right next to it was the peanut butter. I just happened to look down and saw this brand. All I could think of was this thread you started. They had a few different flavors like white chocolate, dark chocolate, crunchy, the one pictured, and another 1 or 2 that I can't remember. The coincedeces continued this morning when I read that you favored all natural PB which this is.

[​IMG]

Kinda fuzzy but it says PB blended with fiery spices. The very top says All Natural. I may have to try a few of these different concoctions:D

19. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

where did you find that stuff?if my son hasn't found it,i'll need to turn him onto it.besides pb,he loves hot stuff.always concocting all kinds of stuff with different peppers,sauces,spices.i'm scared to eat some of his "creations":D

20. BigDaddy300

I saw it at Giant Eagle in Brooklyn. Let me know if you can find it.